wHerE r all the strange people!!!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there my favs. im in a new town i dont see many odd or strange humans here. perhaps i should move to?? where are all the odd people or at least people who have a fun personality

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add in Asheville North Carolina. Used to be one of my absolute favorite places on earth. Nowadays not so much. Im all for strange but that place has something different going on.

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're all right here in this forum. I was just walking to the garage, stopped at the door, turned around and walked to the bedroom, grabbed a Zebralight, and went BACK to the garage so I could leave the lights off and use the flashlight.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The strangest ones are those with the best Normie costumes on in public.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Moved to a small gulf coastal Mississippi town from Connecticut. This is like America's best kept secret. People here are like living in Mayberry. Kind, friendly, thoughtful, peaceful. Yes sir, Yes Ma'am. Never lived in the south, but this is truly wonderful. My happiness quotient is off the charts here. Property taxes in CT were $10,400. About the same size house here on a golf course and taxes are $1,350.

Just filled up the Volvo and gas was $2.62/gallon regular.

Moved to a small gulf coastal Mississippi town from Connecticut. This is like America's best kept secret. People here are like living in Mayberry. Kind, friendly, thoughtful, peaceful. Yes sir, Yes Ma'am. Never lived in the south, but this is truly wonderful. My happiness quotient is off the charts here. Property taxes in CT were $10,400. About the same size house here on a golf course and taxes are $1,350.

👍 Live long and prosper. 👍

🙂 Reads as if you've chosen wisely. 🙂

Poppy

Flashaholic

I echo Chance's comments, but warn about the mosquitoes. If you are in a development, or HOA have them spray for bugs. Mosquitoes carry many diseases.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I echo Chance's comments, but warn about the mosquitoes. If you are in a development, or HOA have them spray for bugs. Mosquitoes carry many diseases.

Am in a very respectful and dedicated HOA that among many things does spray for them.

Haven't seen any gators yet, but there are a number of good sized ponds on the golf course....probably lurking.

Plus there's really no gun restrictions in this state.

jtr1962

Flashaholic

Big downside there would be the heat but I guess you knew that before moving. NY is about as far south as I would ever go. Three months of summer is bad enough. Couldn't deal with that 12 months of the year.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Big downside there would be the heat but I guess you knew that before moving. NY is about as far south as I would ever go. Three months of summer is bad enough. Couldn't deal with that 12 months of the year.
Actually, from October through May high temps are typically in 70's and low humidity. June==>September are the hot months. Not as bad as Texas or New Mexico hot though.

There are another 10 or more Southern states with similar folks.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
We're almost done with our usual 2 weeks of Autumn before it transitions into Winter. Although the last two Winters were very mild. And, I hope this one will be too. Wouldn't mind 12 months of relatively mild Winter. But not a child anymore. I can't stand snow. Today it rained on and off for a good chunk of the morning. Just picture what a nightmare it would have been if that rain had been snow.