• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Black Hard Anodized Surefire's: 6P, 6PD, 9P, Z2, & C2 <sales open>

ejot

Enlightened
Re: Custom Black Hard Anodized Surefire's: 6P, 6PD, 9P, Z2, & C2 <sales open>

We're developing a set of refinished classic 6P's. Smooth bezel, smooth (bored) body, and Laser Products tailcap.

Would folks prefer black HA or natural HA?

:drool: :faint:

This is pure evil! Another of my weaknesses, classic P-series.
Would you consider doing a run of these with lights that customers send in, like the bore service? I have "a few" of these already.
edit: Mmmmmm, I guess it would be hard to keep the lights ID'd through the process.

Oh, and .... Natural HA please.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

I guess it would be hard to keep the lights ID'd through the process

Yea, not only would the normally impossible parts be, but these bodies also don't have serial numbers. We would need minimum quality standards, then everyone agrees to accept what they get back. A better (and faster) way would be trade in credit when buying a ready one.

Lets see how the first batch turns out.

ejot

Enlightened

I think a core charge—to borrow a term from the auto industry—is a great idea. Perhaps there could even be two condition classes to choose from, and get credit for: ones that are very close to perfect, and "everything else thats reasonable" (i.e. not something that's been through the trash compactor).

I was immediately attracted to coated round 6P's because a few of mine are rough around the edges. Majority of the wear is only anodize deep and a strip/hard coat would give them a whole new life. However, they also have a few small dings, and it wouldn't be fair to send that to someone who sent in a near mint example.

Yes, I know I'm getting way ahead of things here, and lets have a look at the first run. I'm just very, very excited about this. :grin2: