• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom McG45's for sale ...

Nebula

Enlightened
Will - I just got in and thought I should check the threads before going to bed. I am very pleased! It is too bad about the other lights. I suspect that once George gets the MaxiFlex bugs fixed, the other guys will be very pleased as well.

I will PM you on the next steps. Once again, thank you very much for putting this light together. I know that you have labored over this project and want you to know that your efforts are very much appreciated. Kirk

wquiles

Flashaholic
Just wanted to note that these lights with the fitted plastic bushing stops the reflector movement at the optimal focus point, which also prevents the reflector from crushing the LED wires. If you need to remove the head for any reason, when you put it back you will get no/little resistance as you engage the threads, then some resistance as you engage the o-ring in the body, and then a pretty solid stop as you engage the bushing - stop when you get there, you are done ;)

Also, since there is light tension on the reflector at this point, if you need to remove the UCL glass lens for any reason, first unscrew the head and do the lens change/cleaning (whatever you are doing), and then when you are done, screw the head back as noted above. There is a fitted o-ring on a custom lip on the reflector that keeps the reflector centered in the head. The light pressure from the lens on the top of the reflector is what keeps everything in place without any rattling with the 0-ring taking a light set ;)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
Nebula said:
Will - pm replied. Kirk
Kirk,

Payment received. Thanks much :D

The small spring was silver epoxied and I just tested it one more time - everything works perfect. I just finished packaging the light, and you should receive an email from Paypal with your tracking information. Your light is being delivered via USPS Priority Mail, insured, and with delivery confirmation.

Please let us know here your first impressions when you get the light. Let us know both the good and the bad ;)

Will

Nebula

Enlightened
Will - the monster has arrived! I got it late yesterday and tested it out with my 18650s and FM's extended tailcap. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out the levels but once I did WOW! It lights up my yard, and the neighbors yard. This thing is built like a tank. Thank you again for your hard work and dedication to making this light. I know that the other three guys will be just as pleased as I am. All the best. Kirk

wquiles

Flashaholic
:bumpit:

Just to keep the thread alive ;)

George is on his business trip in Australia and when he return he will keep working on the MaxFlex. I think he said that in the December time frame he would have more good news for us. In the mean time, hang in there guys!

And Nebula, you lucky dog, keep enjoying your McG45 light :D

Will

PS
By the way, I don't recall anyone asking my why I named the light that way. Just in case you were wondering:
McG45 => Mag c body with Gizmo's 45mm reflector :naughty:

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
I am still waiting for George to update/fix the drivers. Once drivers are ready, finishing the lights will go quickly ;)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
We are all still waiting for the updated drivers from George, but I took some new beamshots last night, and I included the McG45 light as a reference. Look below to see why we like this 45mm reflector so much :naughty:

EDIT: 1/27/07: Added these outdoor beamshots. Canon Rebel XT, 24-105F4 "L" on wide(24). F5.6 @ 4 seconds. About 100 feet to the corner of the fence. I have a normal size soccer ball there for reference.

The McG45 with a 5W "W" bin at 1Amp using the 45mm McGizmo reflector:
IMG_8975.JPG

The 5W Turbo LED Module:
IMG_8976.JPG

The Seoul Turbo LED Module:
IMG_8977.JPG

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
Since I got a question via PM, just to give you a quick update:

- yes, we are still waiting for the new/updated driver from George.
- As shown in post #35 above , all emitters were potted and ready for the converter last year.
- Also as of last year, except for the converters, I have all remaining parts on hand to finish the lights.

The only options at this point is to either keep waiting, or to try to finish the lights with another regulated converter instead of the MaxFlex. I have not looked into this yet, but it "might" be an option.

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
OK folks, I followed George's instructions to modify the MaxFlex and I completed today 2 out of the 3 lights I had pending :grin2:

Luckily for me I recently got a nice used Metcal soldering setup, so doing the actual mods was not too bad:
IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

Here are the two finished lights. On the left, Christoph's unique McG45 with his own XX1S 5W LED, and on the right, ZeissOEM2's unique McG45 using a custom FM finned body cut to 1C, using a 5W WWAS LED:
IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

I home to finish the 3rd one for MSaxatilus this coming weekend ;)

Will

Nebula

Enlightened
Will - At long last your fantastic work will be enjoyed by the other McG45 owner's:twothumbs. Congratulations and :goodjob: . Kirk

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic
I look forward to getting this light. Thanks Will.
C

Chris,

These lights with a W-bin 5W at 1Amp are bright, but yours with the X-bin is noticeably brighter - not quite a night and day, but anyone looking at both can definitely pick your X-bin as being brighter :naughty:

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
O.R. - payment received. Your light is packaged, and will leave tomorrow AM :thumbsup:

I will send you a private email or PM with your tracking information.

Thanks,
Will