D-Mini vs. Jet II vs. T10C

pipspeak

Enlightened
Having already owned a D-Mini Q5 and Jet II IBS I'm still searching for a 1-cell pocket thrower that feels right (a very subjective thing, I know). The Jet's UI was overly complicated and the thing kept slipping out of my hand, it was so small and smooth. The D-Mini was better and I sorta regret selling but I found it's UI a bit lacking, too. If anyone owns/has owned one of those two AND an Eagletac T10C, how do they compare in your opinion? I like the sounds the T10C -- simple twist UI, crazy bright, looks easy to hold etc. I'd also consider a P10 if it's a more useful all-round light.

I am waiting on an Olight T-10, the new ti version, and have a Dmini q5 SE and will be interested to hear some feedback on the T10C also.

I usually carry a P2D and wanted something with more range and a little brighter, but not a lot bigger. Also had to take the rechargeable 3.7's... Hopefully the T10 I have on the way will satisfy. I looked pretty hard at the T10C also. Pretty rugged looking light.

I own a Olight T-10.It has been my edc for about a year. I like the UI. Just twist the head for the next light mode. It also remembers the last mode. If you do decide on the T-10 make sure you get the spare T-15 battery tube.That way you can run it on cr123 or aa.

Well if you're expecting the T10C to come close in throw to the D-Mini or Jet II, you're gonna be disappointed. Those lights throw around 40-50% farther than the T10C.

Now if you can just stretch your definition of one cell lights to include 18650s, that'll open up a flood of options :D

I own a Olight T-10.It has been my edc for about a year. I like the UI. Just twist the head for the next light mode. It also remembers the last mode. If you do decide on the T-10 make sure you get the spare T-15 battery tube.That way you can run it on cr123 or aa.
I had my T15 tube bored to fit 17500s; extra long runtime (relative)!

I also have the Titanium Infinitum on the way, and I can't wait! :D The only thing "T10" about it is the shape of the body, otherwise it's nothing but improvements over a light I already love! :thumbsup:

Well if you're expecting the T10C to come close in throw to the D-Mini or Jet II, you're gonna be disappointed. Those lights throw around 40-50% farther than the T10C.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the EagleTac T10C, not the O-light T10. Is that what you were referring to?

Yep I was referring to the Eagletac T10C. Jet II IBS and D-Mini hit around 10-11,000 LUX whereas the T10C only manages ~5,000 lux. Take square root of lux values to compare throw and that gives you the 40-50% I was referring to.

Wow, that's quite a difference. :poof: There goes my plan of getting a T10C then. Perhaps I'll give the D-Mini another go around.

Last edited:
I don't think the T10C was intended to be a thrower. I do look forward to EagleTac's release of a thrower though.

This is COMPLETE speculation, but I bet they're working on a whole new line of lights right now! :whistle:

anyone got any other comments?

Yeah. If you want a true, 1 cell, pocket thrower, check out the Surefire L1 Cree edition (latest edition).

Otherwise, for me, I'm going to wait for the next generation of emitters before I buy any more LED's (okay, I'm going to TRY and do that!).

:D