Darksucks willing to make a Ti Preon clip! Need 50+ people to make it happen!

chrisc983

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in one as well, especially a deep carry clip as someone else had mentioned. How much would they run about? Also how would you take off and put on the replacement as I thought the stock one was not removable.

Last edited:

hopskotchbunny

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in one as well, especially a deep carry clip as someone else had mentioned. How much would they run about? Also how would you take off and put on the replacement as I thought the stock one was not removable.

You can take it off. Just screw off the clicky cap and there you go! :)

d337944

Enlightened
Interested in a couple, as long as the clips are deep pocket carry! Would love to carry my Preon 2 as my EDC instead of it gathering dust on my shelf.

dyril

Newly Enlightened
I'd be in for one clip, also interested in the option of deep carry for clicky tailcap.

dafeichu

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for 2.

The Preon II is my go to light at work almost every day but have almost lost the light a few times due to the stock clip bending a bit and then the lights just slips out.

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
Any updates on when/if this project is taking off?
Jason told me he needed 50 people to be interested. I assumed this to mean being able to reasonably expect orders for 50 clips. In this thread I've counted people asking for 27 clips, without including maybes or those people asking for deep carry clips (which I'm not sure is possible or part of the "deal") At least two people on the EDC forums have said that they can't post here but are interested, so I'd take that to 29, but I'm not going to bother Jason with this again until we get closer to the 50 clips he asked for.

On the issue of deep carry clips. I recognize the value of the request, but a "regular" clip is a simple modification of a design Jason has already done. A deep carry clip would require additional engineering, especially for the clicky and flat tailcaps. It would be nice to see that happen, but that's not what he agreed to when he said I could make this thread. If you guys that are saying "only if it's deep carry" want to contact Jason politely with an inquiry, or if he posts here on the subject, things may change. Otherwise, please let us know if you'd be interested in a regular clip, and keep spreading the word so that this project might happen soon.

Also, Jason, if you're reading, thanks for listening to your customers!

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey folks,

Keep the interest coming :) Happy to make the clips if there is enough demand. I'm going to order a Preon after Christmas :) I imagine it will take a month once the ball gets rolling. If people want Ti clips, then deep carry won't work. The 6/4 Ti can't be bent back on itself without breaking.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
would this be better than the normal clip on my Fenix PD32 UE?. looking for a stronger, better looking clip.
is this a good one, or is there another one better suited?.

cheers ya' all...

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
If people are already using the Preon clips on the Peak lights has anyone tried a Peak Dark Sucks clip on a Preon yet????

wilbur

Newly Enlightened
I'd definitely buy a couple of clips.
Got 4 Preons and parts for about 3 more.
Weak clip is really the only thing I don't like about them.