Darksucks willing to make a Ti Preon clip! Need 50+ people to make it happen!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

ikeyballz

Newly Enlightened
I would be down for one or two depending on price. If its around the price of the linked clip, I'd take one for sure. If its cheaper, two or more!

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a titanium Preon so an upgraded clip will be.most welcome. Count me in for at least one

dafeichu

Newly Enlightened
I can't see how it would be that difficult to ream out the clip to fit?
I might try it but I have 2 preon and I am just not as crazy about them as I was at first.
The switch just sucks to me.

The ability to ream it out isn't the problem. The problem is the amount of material left over on the clip is only .043". That's less than 1/16".

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ability to ream it out isn't the problem. The problem is the amount of material left over on the clip is only .043". That's less than 1/16".

Well I was just commenting on the clip makers assessment of the thing?
He seemed more concerned about the hole enlargement than the thinness of the remaining material from my read of it.

archer6817j

Enlightened
My own Preon is on it's way to me in the mail :) I wanted to take a look at the light just to make sure it's actually possible to improve on the clip. If the design requires that the width of the ring is too thin then not much can be done.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
I have one of the Peak Eiger clips. Just gotta say that it's awesome! With a little patience, you are able to adjust the tension of the clip from mild, to rip your shirt pocket :p or somewhere in between. I wouldn't hesitate to say its the little brother of a McGizmo clip. (Well, different family. How bout cousin?) I would certainly take one for a Preon.

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
It looks like Jason is keeping an eye on this thread, and doing research on the potential build, so keep spreading the word on this project. Thanks again to everyone showing their interest and to Jason for listening to his customers.

archer6817j

Enlightened
Just got my Preon(s) today! I couldn't help it. I got the Ti AA and the black/ti 2xAA :) The 2xAA makes me wish I was a doctor, or at least a rocket scientist with a pocket protector. I have no idea how I'd actually use it, but it's cool :)

Before I go any further, I suppose I'd like to ask what people do or do not like about the current clip. Is it just that people want Ti because it's awesome, or are there known issues about the current clip that I should be designing around? The more feedback the better...I hope this isn't considered hijacking?!

dafeichu

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Preon(s) today! I couldn't help it. I got the Ti AA and the black/ti 2xAA :) The 2xAA makes me wish I was a doctor, or at least a rocket scientist with a pocket protector. I have no idea how I'd actually use it, but it's cool :)

Before I go any further, I suppose I'd like to ask what people do or do not like about the current clip. Is it just that people want Ti because it's awesome, or are there known issues about the current clip that I should be designing around? The more feedback the better...I hope this isn't considered hijacking?!

No hijack at all archer since this thread is all about a better designed clip for the Preon. I use my Preon 2 at work pretty much every day and I've found the clip that comes with the Preon is prone to bending fairly easily. I try to be careful but I've bent it a few times. I'm on my second clip for this Preon. Ti has much better retention especially than the cheap clip that comes with the Preon. I hope you put your name in the hat for a Ti clip as well since the more people who do then the better the chances of it coming a reality.

pelotonjon

Newly Enlightened
I'd prefer a stronger clip, and since I use an all titanium preon, I'd prefer the clip to be titanium as well.