DEFT-High Output Got Lux?

trout

Enlightened
:crackup: that is insane truly mental

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

The tree in the pic is easily 200 metres away if not more

and even better we are on a flight path to an airport and a plane went over dont know how high but it lit up the under belly :crackup:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup: that is insane truly mental

The tree in the pic is easily 200 metres away if not more

and even better we are on a flight path to an airport and a plane went over dont know how high but it lit up the under belly :crackup:

Thanks for the pictures. The DEFT is certainly something special. It needs to be seen to believe. I'm happy I went to the trouble to make the HOs. They are quite a step up from the FTPs. I have to admit I have seen the sparkle of the DEFT off the underside of an airplane myself.:eek:

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
I have about 17 more lights and then we are done. Going to try and get some up by the end of next week. The final ones will be a mix of HO and FTP or a hybrid of the two. I don't have enough of all the HO parts to make them all HOs.

Does this mean the end of FTP's or HO's? The final ones sounds like you are done building them.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this mean the end of FTP's or HO's? The final ones sounds like you are done building them.
It means the end of all versions of this light for the foreseeable future. Not that I won't revisit the idea in the future but I have no specific plans at the moment and no more parts on hand or on order. After the 17 lights I still have to put up for sale that will be that.

trout

Enlightened
So it now becomes a collectors item limited edition :grin2:

Whats the next killer light then or is it classified at the moment .

Quick question how long will a set of the ultimate lithiums run it for

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it now becomes a collectors item limited edition :grin2:

Whats the next killer light then or is it classified at the moment .

Quick question how long will a set of the ultimate lithiums run it for
The next light is a small RCR123 powered twisty. It's not terribly classified but the details will be provided when I get ready to put some up for sale.

The DEFT should run about 2 hours on a set of Ultimate Lithiums.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a pocketable mini DEFT format? Now that's what I'm talking about! :twothumbs
No the next light will not be a mini DEFT. Current LED technology(public) does not allow for a very useful beam when the diameter gets much below 65mm. The new light will have a slightly focused flood.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
To quote Bania: "That's Gold Jerry. Gold!"

That particular DEFT is absolutely mind-blowing, and I would have been very surprised if you managed to trump it. On a clear night at Chocomount Cove, Fishers Island, I can actually see light reflecting off windows at Groton Long Point. You'll have to look at google maps to see how far that is, but around 3 miles one way.

I was up at a friends beachfront at Plymouth, MA which is a pretty high bluff overlooking the ocean cove this weekend, with lobster pots as far as you could see. It was a pretty dark night, and this Gung-Ho Deft pierces out over the water with such power that it shocks people.

He had two neighbors come over to find out what kind of light this was, that they wanted it on their sailboat yachts. There were some people horsing around on a small yacht anchored about a half mile out and down shore, and while we were fooling around and came upon their boat, they ran down inside the cabin to escape the light. It's paralyzingly bright.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK CPF is acting really strange. It shows one person as being the last poster but when I click on the button to show me the unread posts it shows me a post that was clearly intended for my thread but in another thread. Then I tried quoting the post and the text disappears and becomes something else.

I brought it here as I can't find his post in my thread. Anyway here is what he posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabluster
It means the end of all versions of this light for the foreseeable future. Not that I won't revisit the idea in the future but I have no specific plans at the moment and no more parts on hand or on order. After the 17 lights I still have to put up for sale that will be that.

The next obvious question is if I have a problem develop will you be available to repair the light, or do I just throw $200 in the trash bin?

And now my answer. We have extras of the parts that could need replaced such as the drivers. The only thing I can't do is replace a body but anything you might do to run the light would not be covered by the warranty anyway. I still have all out molds so we can still make replacement lenses or even make a new bezel if need be. So don't worry. I will still support the light.:thumbsup:

Tigman

Newly Enlightened
Just got my DEFT HO!!! All I can say is WOW!! And to think I used to think Surefire was the only light to have!!!LOL!!!!!!

Mark

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my DEFT HO!!! All I can say is WOW!! And to think I used to think Surefire was the only light to have!!!LOL!!!!!!

Mark
Well it is no Surefire from a material perspective but it certainly performs doesn't it.:naughty:

Any update on when some more might be available? :wave:
As soon as I can get more lenses finished. We are working on them now and I have enough parts for a few but I am going to wait till we get all 7 of the last HO's finished and then put them up for sale. Looking like next week now.

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
As soon as I can get more lenses finished. We are working on them now and I have enough parts for a few but I am going to wait till we get all 7 of the last HO's finished and then put them up for sale. Looking like next week now.

Thanks. I'm just trying to get an idea of when I need to stop sleeping and stay attached to the internet non-stop...

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
Keeping my eyes open to any new info regarding the DEFT HO...:poke:

Hoping for some good news...soon!

:twothumbs

Last edited:

Latest posts