Details on the 7060 (LAPD) light kit....from Pelican! PT.2

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this light is now trickling into public paws, I closed the original thread and started this one, for people's observations/discussion, etc.

--dan.

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
Since this light is now trickling into public paws, I closed the original thread and started this one, for people's observations/discussion, etc.

--dan.

I ordered one yesterday from OpticsHQ and is due to arrive Thursday(8/2). Hopefully it will be here with enough time for me to charge it before I leave for my night shift from 2200 to 0600. I'll post my result on the use of the 7060.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Real quick overview:

--Dual switches with nice feel
--Feels balanced, for as big as it is
--Came with a leather belt loop like sheath

DISLIKES
--It's a BIG light
--Octagonal body shape means the head, reflector ring and tail cap should be aligned, or a sharp corner will protrude from the non-aligned part.
--Beam pattern is odd: bright spot to black ring to nice corona to a yellowish ring to another nice spill/corona. Probably not an issue in real world usage, but I'd prefer a partially stippled or textured reflector.

-dan

Haven't tested runtime, etc, so I can't comment on that.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
dano,
Thanks for your impressions. I am seriously considering buying one tomorrow, but wondered how it compares in brightness to any other 2 cell cree light you have. Is it noticably brighter? And to what light? If you have time to compare tham that is. Thanks!

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
Real quick overview:

--Dual switches with nice feel
--Feels balanced, for as big as it is
--Came with a leather belt loop like sheath

DISLIKES
--It's a BIG light
--Octagonal body shape means the head, reflector ring and tail cap should be aligned, or a sharp corner will protrude from the non-aligned part.
--Beam pattern is odd: bright spot to black ring to nice corona to a yellowish ring to another nice spill/corona. Probably not an issue in real world usage, but I'd prefer a partially stippled or textured reflector.

-dan

Haven't tested runtime, etc, so I can't comment on that.

Hi Dano,
I put the 7060 on charge and it took 4hr, 23mins until it changed to green. What you mentioned above is what I have also but it won't bother me at all. Now I'll use it at work to see how it looks.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I will have to order one tomorrow morning. My only worry is that it will not really be any brighter than my D-mini running on the 18650 3.7 battery. I am hoping that since the 7060 only runs for 90 minutes on the same type of battery (I understand Pelicans battery is basicly a 18650 at its core) vs. the 3 hours that the D-mini will run, output will be greater with the 7060. I guess I will find out.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the posts. I hope the 7060 that I ordered is brighter than the Inova T4, but I guess that we will just have to wait and see.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the posts. I hope the 7060 that I ordered is brighter than the Inova T4, but I guess that we will just have to wait and see.

Total brightness? It's a toss-up. My T4 (with reflector) has more flood than the 7060, but the Pelican easily out throws both versions of the T4

--dan

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
Total brightness? It's a toss-up. My T4 (with reflector) has more flood than the 7060, but the Pelican easily out throws both versions of the T4

--dan

I used the 7060 at work and it is a lot brighter than the Stinger LED. Good throw too. There were areas at the work site I could see a lot more with the 7060 than the Stinger LED. In carrying the flashlight in my hand while on foot patrol of the plant, it didn't feel like it was heavy in my opinion.
Since giving it a full charge the light did not blink to indicate low battery. I only had it on for approx 2 to 3 seconds whenever I wanted to check an area of the facility with no or very little light. I'm happy with the 7060.:p

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used the 7060 at work and it is a lot brighter than the Stinger LED. Good throw too. There were areas at the work site I could see a lot more with the 7060 than the Stinger LED. In carrying the flashlight in my hand while on foot patrol of the plant, it didn't feel like it was heavy in my opinion.
Since giving it a full charge the light did not blink to indicate low battery. I only had it on for approx 2 to 3 seconds whenever I wanted to check an area of the facility with no or very little light. I'm happy with the 7060.:p

Well, I ordered one from Brightguy this morning. It should be here Monday. Thanks for both your and dano's comments. I will most likely buy a new digital camera this weekend, so I can put up some beamshots in the next few days.

celler

Newly Enlightened
I just got a ship notification from Battery Station. Apparently, they are beginning to fill the backorders.

Craig.

xag13

Newly Enlightened
Ditto just got a ship notification too. Guess it's time to camp out on the porch and wait for the UPS truck. On the plus side camping out there gives me a reason to use my flashlights.

flashgordon2000

Newly Enlightened
Got mine notice today too. I plan on using this light on duty during midnights where I use my 6P WE Drop-in a lot.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also had an e-mail from the Battery Station waiting when I got home. It is scheduled to arrive Wednesday.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one overnighted from Brightguy. I got it today. JAS, It should be brighter than the T4 (2007) It kills my 2007 T3 running on 3x123a's. It is even brighter than my D-mini running on a 18650 in PEU's great body tube.

I did a small review with some comparison beamshots. You can find it in the reviews section or by (hopefully) clicking here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2107210&posted=1#post2107210

Thanks for everyone's input, and a huge thanks to McGizmo for the first preview of the light. I could not be happier with my purchase.

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you like the Pelican 7060 Woodrow. What you said in your review I agree. Right now I have not gotten to the point where the 7060 starts to blink when the battery power is getting low. It lasted for me during an 8 hour shift with no problems.

Icer

Newly Enlightened
I received mine today and really like it allot!:) I hate the charger though...it sucks! It's a pain to get it in & out (I know, sounds like a personal problem:laughing:). To bad they can't design one where you can just drop the light in it.