DFW get together - Friday Sept 8th - 8PM - Plano

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I only took a handful of pics...

3rd_Shift brought a number of magmods.

Don Shock's goodies. I neglected to get a photo of the "rifle light" - the only 6D maglight I've ever seen with a pistol grip AND a scope! You can see partof it in the upper-right corner of this photo.

My lights (a handful of magmods) and a few of Wquiles' mods. Part of the "rifle light" can be see in the upper-left corner.

Leef's impressive stable of magmods, SF mods, and even McGizmo mods.

I didn't take any photos of the participants - the video I took is about as good as it's going to get, but don't try to use that video to solidly ID anyone other than the guy that filmed it ... conveniently staying out of frame!

Last edited:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, what happens when you forget to disconnect your 50W MR16 light from it's 8Ah battery for the 2.5 hour trip home..............?

The battery was completely dead so it must have been on for quite a while.

wquiles

Flashaholic
A couple of group pthotos. I am the one with the red shirt, seated up front to the right:
IMG_6701.JPG

IMG_6723.JPG

Young flashaholic in training:
IMG_6725.JPG

A lot of the lights shown:
IMG_6702.JPG

IMG_6703.JPG

IMG_6704.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

Of course, given how much "darK" area we had available to us, we "had" to use a few HID lights as well. The Polarion was my favorite of these :naughty:
IMG_6709.JPG

IMG_6710.JPG

The 3rd light from left to right is "The Torch" by Mac, and it "is" stunning how nice and bright this light was. The "mighty" M*g85's at the get together looked dimm compared to this monster ;)
IMG_6712.JPG

Very unique knurling on a light by Leef:
IMG_6715.JPG

One of my favorite lights, 3rd_shift's "Lion King":
IMG_6717.JPG

Comparison between KT4 (left) and KT2(right):
IMG_6719.JPG

IMG_6720.JPG

IMG_6721.JPG

Will

Last edited:

Leef

Enlightened
We need to do these get-togethers more often, and we need a better way to notify people. Would it make any sense to pre-schedule them for, say, the first Fri. of Oct, Jan, Apr, Jul? Or maybe 3x/yr.? That would make it easier to notify people since we'd just have to do it once. Locations could move around, notice posted. :buddies:

ledaholic

Enlightened
Sorry I missed it. I'm about 200 miles south and needed to be here early this morning. Im all for another try at the next.

Bob

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I might could have made it...

But my Dad messed up my 20+ mpg Ram, and I'm driving a <13mpg Ford gasser. It would have taken too much gas!

The fact that I'm about 4 hours southeast doesn't help a lot... I'd be coming home in the wee hours!

Glad y'all had a good time!

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
Thanks for posting the photos, Wquiles! Now who's who?

Well the 3rd picture is me and my son, I figured I take him since he keeps grabbing\playing with my lights so might as well start him early.

BTW, Thanks Will for setting this up. I'll look forward to the next one.

Last edited:

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leef said:
We need to do these get-togethers more often, and we need a better way to notify people. Would it make any sense to pre-schedule them for, say, the first Fri. of Oct, Jan, Apr, Jul? Or maybe 3x/yr.? That would make it easier to notify people since we'd just have to do it once. Locations could move around, notice posted. :buddies:

Maybe perhaps a country get together just south of the DFW area to catch several members who live south of here. :thinking:

I'll go ahead and jump the gun and start a new thread and see where we end up next. ;)

Leef

Enlightened
For those of you who asked about the Torch, here's what Mac says:

-This Baby is 4100 Lumens of Hotwire
-Under a 9" package (Around 8.5")
-Modified Five Mega Holder
-12x Intellect 2/3 A 1400Mah Cells (Tested to 1400+ Mah same as CBP1650's)
-10amp Tailswitch
-Metal Medium Stipple reflector
-Borafloat Lens
-Osram 64623 HLX Lamp
-GY6.35 Bi-Pin Holder
-Runtime :) This more of a See what a Mag can do show light. Runtime is around 10 minutes
-This light is NOT a toy. The heat / light this light throws out is unbelievable. Wanna roast some marshmallows.......blow them out when they catch fire!

Pricing will be $225 for the light as pictured.(Minus batteries)

Turn Key option which includes the battery charger and 1 set of cells would be around $75 additional.

With the use of Dummy Spacers you could always run the USL 62138 lamp or a multitude of lamps from a 50w 12v, to a mag85 with this setup. The Bi-Pin Holder is a universal style holder which can hold vertually any G4, G5.3, and G6.3 Bi-Pin Lamp.