Diesel Question

FASTCAR

Banned
Marduke:

It is no ad as I don't sell Fuelon, SEVERAL others here are speaking about additives they use..so will I.

In fact do not tell me what I can and can not say.I don't see ADMIN next to your name. I am within the rules.

Maybee this time ADMINS will tell you to mind your own business.

Last edited:

Shreklight

Newly Enlightened
If you are going to run 2-cycle, make sure it is TC-W3 ashless, or it could gum up your injectors. Check out cumminsforum.com they have a section for additives and such with a thread about 50 pages long concerning this very topic. I have an 06 and you are right, these are the stuff!!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
PBJS, it's probably Power Source DieselKleen. Good stuff. The grey bottle is for cleanup and the white bottle is for maintenence if I remember correctly.

Once at WM I saw it in a 1 gallon container for considerably less that the price of 4 quarts. Bought two. Got home and found they were 3 quart containers. Priced out about the same as per quart price, so I finally laughed about it.

pinepoint

Newly Enlightened
i am a truck driver we also have these concerns the most comon advise is to buy the additive at the truck stop this will also lubricate your top end and most importantly not clog or damage your expensive injectors. also this fuel is not at all pumps yet if the pump is not marked it may be the old formula.i know of people who run thier used motor oil with different injectors but would advise an additive.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Never got to fill up today, instead getting just enough to cover my needs.

With about 6-7 gallons remaining in the tank I put in 2oz of 2 stroke (TCw3) and 1oz of Power Source. I only drove home from that point and it MAY not even have hit the filter yet.

I may know more tomorrow, and certainly will next week.

tarponbill

Newly Enlightened
Tarponbill, do I read correctly that you add the Rotella (I use Rot straight 30) to the fuel?

No Rotella T is oil I use in the crankcase, 10W-40. I add a quart of MMO to the fuel each tank. It seems to keep the engine really quite. Been doing this for 170,000 miles and counting. MMO is just a thin high detergent oil. Probably takes care of the lack of ULSD lubricity at the same time.

tarponbill

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of diesel questions, I wonder what happens if I accidentally put Unleaded in my friend's Diesel pickup ?

If you do this, and I have, it sounds like the engine will explode. The detonation racket is bad. Had to dump the fuel. The station swore the pump was diesel, but the engine sound said otherwise. In a few words, never do this unless you want to destroy the engine in short order.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wife put 2 gallons of gas in a 19gal diesel tank before she realized what was happening. She called our trusted MBZ indy mechanic who advised her to just fill with diesel and refill every time the tank got to 3/4. No problems in another 70k miles.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We use to recommend a LITTLE gas in the fuel tank back in the day before pressure washers got as good as they are. We thought it promoted better combustion.

Not sure I'd EVEN do it these days!

tarponbill

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, my diesel's tank was near empty when I filled it with gasoline - probably more than 15 gallons in a 19 gallon tank. I think the station had made a mistake labeling the pumps when the pumps were put in. It was a new station, word to the wise, don't be the first customer.

By the time I got home, it was clear she was ill. I had to drain the fuel and take it to a disposal center. No apparent lasting damage, but I drove only a few miles.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the reduction of sulfur in the fuel, there is a benefit.
No more sulfuric acid formation.
This makes things a little easier on the engine oil.
Add a little non sulpher based lubricant to the fuel and there ya go. ;)

With care, more and more diesel engines will make into the "Million Mile Club"

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A thread over on DTR has cured me of that affliction.

Besides I keep written MPG records and couln not ever say it helped.

Current plan calls for 12oz of TCW-3 and 4oz of Power Service at fillup.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Marduke:

It is no ad as I don't sell Fuelon, SEVERAL others here are speaking about additives they use..so will I.

In fact do not tell me what I can and can not say.I don't see ADMIN next to your name. I am within the rules.

It's ok. At the rate people are adding you to their ignore list, nobody will read your posts anyway.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Marduke:

Last I checked, advertising was not within the rules. Pushing your sponsor every chance you get in at least 5 threads is advertising. Doesn't matter if you don't sell it, you are sponsored by them.

BVH

Flashaholic
Here are the results of an independently run, blind test of diesel additives by a certified lab relative to anti-wear properties of a bunch of diesel fuel additives. Excellent reading! Helps take the emotion out of this subject.

ttp://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177728

FASTCAR

Banned
I guess every person here speaking about stuff they add to fuel is an AD.

Please stop e mail spamming me Marduke and grow up.

FYI 20+ have PM or emailed me and said the LOVED fuelon.
Most are scared to post because they dont want a personal attack.

Please do ignore me, you 2 add nothing usefull to CPF anyway.

Marduke

Flashaholic
For the record:
I guess every person here speaking about stuff they add to fuel is an AD.

Please stop e mail spamming me Marduke and grow up.

FYI 20+ have PM or emailed me and said the LOVED fuelon.
Most are scared to post because they dont want a personal attack.

Please do ignore me, you 2 add nothing usefull to CPF anyway.

BTW, I have never emailed or sent a PM to you.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
boyz boyz...buy the SUPERCHIP tuner and forget the additives!!

FORD 6.0 RULES