Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Is that a trick question?
8-A56-C47-D-9560-4924-AD62-BB7400-E76148.jpg

I never leave home without this on my hip. A Malkoff MD2/M61T. An HDS Basic 42 and 2 spare cells.with this setup I have long range and maximum runtime all in one.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have lights pretty much everywhere around me.

On my person, without my bags, I have 2-3. My Tange 219B on my car keys, typically my GoliathVN MK2 warm CRI, and the Olight S1R II Cu that I'm carrying for a year straight.

Today, I have added one of Vinh's new D25Cvn 50.2 w/lee filter, rustic/ full AHC, just because.

In my EDC bag, I have a C8Fvn with LH351Ds also from Vinh, and a Jetbeam PC10 in my "oh poop kit" I keep in my EDC bag (has AA/AAA lithium primaries, rubber bands, $40 ish dollars in various denominations, test strips for diabetes, sugar, and a few other things.... basically whatever little I could possible "run out of" and desperately need more on the average day). Also included, would be my Nickel 219b Worm on my main keys.

I've got a rando Skillhunt light on my desk at work, just to have a light here somewhere in the office. This will soon be replaced by my Acebeam EC65 nichia, for lots of reasons.

My car currently has my Sunwayman D20A w/ primary AAAs and an Armytek Prime A2 Pro w/ primary AAs.

This may all sound nuts, even here, but damn it's been quite a long time since I've last needed a light and didn't have one. I have no particular and spectacular story to go along with, I guess that's one of the results of being prepared!

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
most of the time, when i'm at work a always have my s2+ on my belt, when i i'm not at work, and drive someplace, i have several in my car, when i ride my bike, i have another s2+ on handlebars. when i'm walking on the street i have photon2 on my key chain.

Berneck1

Enlightened
In very rare situations I don't. Like the shower situation. 99.9% of the time I do. Eagletac D3A.

340pd

Newly Enlightened
Never thought much about carrying a light until the stories from those trapped in the twin towers in 2001 started to be told. From that day on at the very least, a Maratac aaa and a spare battery at all times.

Sos24

Enlightened
If there isn't a flashlight on my person, there is one within arms reach. But more often than not there is 1-2 in my pockets and at least one more close by.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Do I always have "A" flashlight on my person?

Heck no!

I have MORE than one on me: Lumintop Tool 2.0 in my right pocket; Nitecore Tini on my keychain; another Tini on a lanyard along with an Olight twisty (I1R EOS) when I head out at night.

And when sleeping, a Nitecore Tube on a lanyard around my neck because if I have to get up in the middle of the night the Tube won't wake me up the way a lamp does.

Yup, CPF is the only place I feel "normal". :)

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
At least one, but normally 5 with 3 of them being "real" lights. An OR E series wasp, a TNC XHP70 mule, and an ultra lux copper dragon. The Duluth BurlyFlex pants lend themselves to carrying the 7 I have in them at the moment quite nicely.

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
I always have one in my jeans or shorts, my trust lumintop toolVN.

They let you bring a flashlight into surgery???

idleprocess

Flashaholic
On my person when I'm out of the house, yes. I almost always have two keychains (house, vehicle) each of which has a small flashlight on it. The work backpack I carry on weekdays has additional lights.

In the house, not so much so. I'm close enough to the entire household stash and can briefly navigate that darkness if I lose power.

chainsolid

Newly Enlightened
For Me, not in the house, I carry 3 things, Knife, Flashlight, Tactical Pen Everyday
In my House, I'm carrying Flashlight always (Hide in my waist) Some time "E1L, E2D, SRT3"wait for E1D
When going to the Toilet sometimes not turn on light, use flashlight beam shot on a ceiling

kalel332

Newly Enlightened
I usually have 3 lights on me, on olight i1r always on my neck, except when I'm taking a bath, which the is a waterproof ust splash light, also 1 of the bulbs of the bathroom has a battery inside. I also carry 1 aaa powered light, a thrunite or an Oligth and a Klarus xt11s on my belt. Sometimes I have a pl mini 2 on my pocket as a backup to the backup, to the backup 😁 and other lights on my pocket. In my car I'm not sure how many I have, at least 4, between them some cheapo lights for when they asked me for a light. In my night stand at least 2, even though I sleep with the I1r on my neck.

rhino on INGO

Newly Enlightened
I remembered a more recent story . . .

A few years ago at my former place of work, power outages were not uncommon. Much the chagrin of some of the employees, they learned that the restrooms on our end of the building did not have emergency lights, so they had to make the trek to the other end where the restrooms did have lights. Security even told us we could not use the restrooms without lights and posted signs. I, however, was not as helpless. I would ignore the signs, and then click one of my lights on and prop it so it hit a wall or the ceiling and I had plenty of light to conduct my business.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have a flashlight on me (except in bed or the shower), but usually three. My go to light is my Zebralight SC600w Mk III HI, carried clipped to my right pocket. My second one is the Zebralight H600Fw Mk III, carried in my left pocket. In addition to those, I also carry a Massdrop titanium AAA light on my keychain. I use both Zebralights throughout the day at work and whenever I need to see something in a dimly lit area when off work. I've carried at least one light on me for around 10 years or more, but started carrying 3 in the last 3-5 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts