Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always carry at least one a light and a SAK when away from home. The only exception is if I am in a hurry and forget, happens occasionally. I still have a Photon on my keys though even if I do forget my EDC light and of course a few lights in the car for back up.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always three. Main EDC has been a Nitecore EA11/14500, but I may be replacing that with the new Lumintop GT Micro. I will have to test carry it for a while before deciding. I have a Nitecore TIP CRI on my keychain, and wither a Streamlight Microstream or Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 just for fun. If I think I might be needing more omff I would swap out the main EDC for a Nitecore P30 or Lumintop GT Mini. I've also got Lumintop Tool AAAs and/or Nitecore Tubes in my various bags and BOBs.

Hotherps1

Newly Enlightened
I manage a large venomous snake collection inside a building so I always have a flashlight in my pocket. If there is a power cut, there is back-up lighting but it isn't as bright as the main lights. I use a flashlight to look inside hide boxes to see where / what snakes are doing. I also use a flashlight at indoor shooting ranges (I'm a NRA Range Officer), to make sure guns are clear.

I also subscribe to the "one is none" thinking so I typically carry a Zebralight SC80, Malkoff MD2 and a Oveready Z35.

If i'm awake and dressed, I will be carrying the above mentioned flashlights, Rick Hinder Extreme Duty & Investigator pens, 3 keybars, Spyderco, Victorinox penknife and a SOG or Leatherman multitools.

Dominion003

Newly Enlightened
I used to only carry a flashlight if i knew i FOR SURE was going to need it but now i have smaller EDC lights that are more pocketable and just starting to EDC now.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I manage a large venomous snake collection inside a building so I always have a flashlight in my pocket. If there is a power cut, there is back-up lighting but it isn't as bright as the main lights. I use a flashlight to look inside hide boxes to see where / what snakes are doing. I also use a flashlight at indoor shooting ranges (I'm a NRA Range Officer), to make sure guns are clear.

I also subscribe to the "one is none" thinking so I typically carry a Zebralight SC80, Malkoff MD2 and a Oveready Z35.

If i'm awake and dressed, I will be carrying the above mentioned flashlights, Rick Hinder Extreme Duty & Investigator pens, 3 keybars, Spyderco, Victorinox penknife and a SOG or Leatherman multitools.

I like your style, brother, but I think I'd have a bit more in a pit full of vipers. Times two on the lights, times three on the knives, plus one on the machete, plus two on the flame thrower, the hand grenades, and the machine guns. Who's got the kevlar?

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
I like your style, brother, but I think I'd have a bit more in a pit full of vipers. Times two on the lights, times three on the knives, plus one on the machete, plus two on the flame thrower, the hand grenades, and the machine guns. Who's got the kevlar?
:crackup:

I, too, subscribe to the "one is none" philosophy. I have at least one light on me - usually a keychain light or a SF Titan Plus - and a bored C2 in my courier bag. If I'm going out for the evening, I will usually have my ZL SC600 IV Plus in my jacket pocket.

As a fire warden in my office building, it's usually an uneventful but, sadly, a necessary job these days... But, I did have one instance when I did have to use my flashlight. On day a few years ago, the fire alarm went off in the building. I thought it was just a drill but, as usual, I grabbed my bored SF 6P w/ M60W (my edc at the time) and did my usual sweep then headed to the staircase. Lo and behold, someone came running up to me in a panic and told me there was smoke in the other staircase.

I made my way over, tested the door and doorknob for heat, opened the door slowly to see the stairwell full of a gray haze and heard people above me in the stairwell in a panic. I tasked the first person coming down the stairs with checking the other staircase to confirm it was clear, then pulled out my 6P, shone it up the side wall and told people to come to my voice. The person I tasked did not return so I started gathering people on my floor's hallway, tasked another person with keeping them there and I quickly went to confirm the other staircase was clear. After confirming, I returned and told everyone to make their way to the other staircase. After waiting and redirecting 2 more groups of people, I then took a pause to assess what was going on. It was a heavy gray, wet haze coming from a lower level but it wasn't smoke.

Turns out, a pipe burst in the basement level and steam just shot up 10 floors in the stairwell of the building. Perhaps, that was very lucky for us.

But, after that, it showed me that I need to always have at least 1 flashlight - and preferably 2 - on me.

Buckeye

Enlightened
Always have a Olight S15R Baton, Fenix E3UE and an old Fenix 1AAA with a lithium primary battery on my person. I have 4 other flashlights* in my shoulder bag with spare batteries for all.
* Foursevens Quark Turbo QB2L-X, Nitecore SRT7 Revenger, Fenix LD01 polished stainless and 5.11 ATAC PLx.
I need to find room for a couple more.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Usually not when I'm at home or sleeping because I have lights within easy reach.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least 3 on me, more if I have my bag or am in my truck. 24/7 a coo yoo on a silver chain around my neck even in the shower or pool.
c

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the house, no -- lights are too easily accessible

In the fields (or outside the house) -- three (two in trouser pockets, one holstered), plus a Swiss Army knife or plier tool. Already some around me have complained that's too much......

Hotherps1

Newly Enlightened

Ahhhh, but I actually love working with our snakes.... wouldn't want to harm them. Besides, they are only dangerous if you let them bite you, the skill is in not getting bitten :)

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the house, no -- lights are too easily accessible

In the fields (or outside the house) -- three (two in trouser pockets, one holstered), plus a Swiss Army knife or plier tool. Already some around me have complained that's too much......

Once I explain that my backups is also loaners they no longer give me trouble.

--flatline

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea, but the flashlight consistently gets more reaction than the knife, space pen, and notebook.

Why would anyone else care how many lights you carry?

I have no idea, but the flashlight consistently gets more reaction than the knife, space pen, and notebook.

Do what I do. Tell them no matter what time it is, it's always dark somewhere close-by.

And yes, almost always, except in my home. I hate having pretty much anything in my pockets.

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
Yes, a BLF GT and Q8. Shoulder straps are my friend.

In reality, no. I don't need one during my regular day. Evening, yes.

bignc

Enlightened
Yes, a BLF GT and Q8. Shoulder straps are my friend.

In reality, no. I don't need one during my regular day. Evening, yes.

You don't need one during your regular day.... UNTIL YOU DO!?!?!?! Lol. I imagine we are a little obsessive about many things typically so I am giving you a hard time for the fun of it.

Also, I am glad there are insane people, I mean herpetology experts so I don't have to deal with snakes. I have a LEAVE THEM BE philosophy unless Cottonmouth or Rattler is in my yard with my animals.

Also number 2, What are you fellas hanging your "neck lights" on?

kusagi

Newly Enlightened
Everyday! I carry a Lumintop Price Mini, Small Sebenza and a Fellhoelter pen.