Do you carry a flashlight during the day?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bring my Quark AA2 Tac wherever i go, during the day, during the night... when i'm out, i have the tight on Max and the loose on Strobe. (I can't tell you how many times the strobe has helped me ward off angry stray dogs in our neighborhood) Fortunately, i have not had the need to use the strobe against a human attacker. (hope not! cross fingers!) Then when i get home, I set the loose on lowest lumens so i wont wake the missus and the baby when i walk into the bedroom at night (i'm a late sleeper, thanks to PC Games (damn you Crysis 2! haha) and watching TV Episodes on the computer) I replaced the long lanyard of the Quark with the wrist lanyard of my Led Lenser P3 (which sad to say is decommissioned to backup duty only) so i keep in handly close. Sometimes i end up falling asleep then waking up the next day with my Quark still attached to my wrist! haahaha!

For a backup, I use a Lumintop L1C, but since the battery is not that cheap, i just have it as a backup. (it was my former primary EDC)

Mgizler

Enlightened
I have carried a light everyday since 2006. I was teaching Auto mechanics and needed a better "pocket " light for under the hood of cars. So a surefire E1E got me started on my addiction. I have been carrying an HDS Clicky 170 but sold it and am waiting on a new UI 170 clicky to be delivered. But in the meantime, Ive been carrying a Nitecore D11.

Fluffy Ops

Newly Enlightened
I bring my Quark AA2 Tac wherever i go, during the day, during the night... when i'm out, i have the tight on Max and the loose on Strobe. (I can't tell you how many times the strobe has helped me ward off angry stray dogs in our neighborhood) Fortunately, i have not had the need to use the strobe against a human attacker. (hope not! cross fingers!) Then when i get home, I set the loose on lowest lumens so i wont wake the missus and the baby when i walk into the bedroom at night (i'm a late sleeper, thanks to PC Games (damn you Crysis 2! haha) and watching TV Episodes on the computer) I replaced the long lanyard of the Quark with the wrist lanyard of my Led Lenser P3 (which sad to say is decommissioned to backup duty only) so i keep in handly close. Sometimes i end up falling asleep then waking up the next day with my Quark still attached to my wrist! haahaha!

It's great to hear that there is another Quark addict out there! As you know (from my first post), I carry a 4Sevens Quark AA-2 as one of my EDC lights, but mine has the Regular UI as opposed to your Tactical one. I use it around the house with the bezeled loosened (like you) and outside on a higher mode.

I am trying to find a good wrist lanyard for my Quark AA-2 as the one included by 4Sevens is too long. Any suggestions?

Also, I have heard that a tailcap switch for this light (Regular to Tactical) does not change the UI. Is that correct?

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
i find this kind of a strange question.
i mean, if u do not carry a light by day, go somewhere, it gets dark...
well u dont have a flashlight by night either do you :p

im of the philosophy of consistent carry, and a firm believer in murpheys law.
meaning that if u carry sometimes, the time u need it most is bound to be the one
time u left it at home.
talk to any brittish/dutch person about umbrellas, theyll know what im talking about :p

also i would say i carry 24/7 simply because i can, now that even the smallest of lights
can be powerfull enuff to be very usefull.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
On the weekend just one, Fenix LDO1s on the key chain. Week days two, E2Dl Surefire and Fenix LD01s key chain.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Most of my flashlight use is in the day time. One usage is in a grocery store when I am trying to read the labels on the bottom shelves. Lots of ambient light can be a problem when your eyes are contracted, and you are looking at something in a dark corner, nook, or under a bed, etc.

Bill

BigBird_57

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Surefire 6P in a nylon holster. It has the Cree 320 lumen single mode lamp. I am in electric production and having a good light at all times is indespensable.:)

Ishango

Enlightened
talk to any brittish/dutch person about umbrellas, theyll know what im talking about :p

I replied earlier in this topic and do carry a flashlight during the day, but couldn't resist replying to this, being Dutch... I never carry an umbrella 24/7. I only take one when it is already raining heavily and have one in my car for when it rains really really hard. If it rains, most of the time I rather walk quickly or wait until it gets dry. :)

At least one of my quality lights is with me every day and most of the time I have a backup with me.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's great to hear that there is another Quark addict out there! As you know (from my first post), I carry a 4Sevens Quark AA-2 as one of my EDC lights, but mine has the Regular UI as opposed to your Tactical one. I use it around the house with the bezeled loosened (like you) and outside on a higher mode.

I am trying to find a good wrist lanyard for my Quark AA-2 as the one included by 4Sevens is too long. Any suggestions?

Also, I have heard that a tailcap switch for this light (Regular to Tactical) does not change the UI. Is that correct?

Ahh... the perfect wrist lanyard...you wont believe it, but i use the one that came with my led lenser P3.... perfect length, and exceptionally durable!

Yeah the UI's depend on the quark head, but as far as the tail switch is concerned, the tactical's momentary on is different from the regular's full push, if im not mistaken.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
i find this kind of a strange question.
i mean, if u do not carry a light by day, go somewhere, it gets dark...
well u dont have a flashlight by night either do you :p

im of the philosophy of consistent carry, and a firm believer in murpheys law.
meaning that if u carry sometimes, the time u need it most is bound to be the one
time u left it at home.

also i would say i carry 24/7 simply because i can, now that even the smallest of lights
can be powerfull enuff to be very usefull.

That's just right, you never know when you might need the light, so keep the "big guns" at home and bring small ones that are handy enough to carry all the time. Emergencies are just what they are, they can happen anytime! :)

lightguy7

Newly Enlightened
I carry an iTP A-3 EOS Titanium light on my keychain. It is good for sorting socks and finding stuff that rolls under the barstool.

yin-haan

Newly Enlightened
Why would you carry a flashlight during the day? ;)

I carry a Leatherman Serac S3 in my makeup case. I will soon be adding a higher powered single mode light, probably an ASP Triad or Tungsten 2, unless I find out something terrible about them.

DimmerD

Enlightened
I do computer repair and carry an ITP EOS SS with a Titan T1A and Nitecore Ex11 in the car for backups.
Misplaced then found my Titan a few times, that's why it stays in the car where I know I can find that expensive little sucker!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been an "every waking moment" carrier for going on 8 years now. Always a light in a holster on my belt. Left side. Until just this year, it has always been either a stock SureFire L4 or a modded L4 or E2. I have recently transitioned over to P60-format lights like the SF 6P and Z2 with a multimode triple or quad XP-G drop-in. Usually also had a AAA light on my carabiner keychain, either Arc AAA Premium or an iTP A3 EOS titanium. I find myself using my lights at every opportunity from the moment I wake up to the moment I go down. And when I travel, I often clip a light to my waistband.

It peeves me to no end when I offer a torch to my wife and she says "she doesn't need light." Sheesh, women. :D

Wilkey

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been an "every waking moment" carrier for going on 8 years now. Always a light in a holster on my belt. Left side. Until just this year, it has always been either a stock SureFire L4 or a modded L4 or E2. I have recently transitioned over to P60-format lights like the SF 6P and Z2 with a multimode triple or quad XP-G drop-in. Usually also had a AAA light on my carabiner keychain, either Arc AAA Premium or an iTP A3 EOS titanium. I find myself using my lights at every opportunity from the moment I wake up to the moment I go down. And when I travel, I often clip a light to my waistband.

It peeves me to no end when I offer a torch to my wife and she says "she doesn't need light." Sheesh, women. :D

Wilkey

Cool! Another iTP A3 EOS user! :) That light rocks! Try it with a 10440. 200+ lumens! That's the only cell i use in mine,but i always carry a spare alkaline AAA in case of emergency. :)

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
have you tried that with a 10440? That light rocks! 200+ lumens for sure! :)
I have not. But 200 lumens is more than what my stock L4s used to put out. What an amazing pace of development in LED technology. The iTP is my backup and rarely sees any use so I keep it loaded with an Energizer lithium primary. Even lower self-discharge and higher energy density than a 10440 LiIon. This way, I know it'll be ready for me when I need it whether it's this year, next year, or five years. If only I used it more regularly...:D

Oh, and I just realized my comment about clipping a light to my waistband didn't make much sense. What I meant was that when I go to bed at a hotel, I will clip it to the waistband of my boxers. Yeah, I honestly feel naked without a light on me.

Wilkey

Last edited: