Does anyone have Nitecore's titanium clip for the D11?

goldenlight

Enlightened
I see that Nitecore is making a titanium clip for the D11....finally.

Since I sent my D11 back several weeks ago, due to the well known parasitic drain problem, and there is no sign of a replacement any time soon, I have PLENTY of time to look into this.

Titanium has just one advantage over stainless steel: it looks nice.... when it's new.

Aside from that, titanium is a poor choice of metal for a clip, IMHO: it's MUCH softer than stainless steel that has been tempered to give it 'spring'.

So, it scratches VERY easily, and then it doesn't look nice anymore.

And, because it can't be tempered to NEARLY the 'springiness' that stainless steel can, it tends to bend, rather than 'spring back' the way tempered stainless steel does.

I have no idea why Nitecore chose titanium, instead of stainless steel. I guess they went for appearance, over function.

So for those of you who have the clip: does it 'hold' tightly enough to trust a $60+ flashlight in the front pocket of your pants?

Because, assuming I ever get a replacement Nitecore D11 that DOESN'T drain batteries in a week or less, I will want to get a pocket clip...if it grips clothing tight enough so that I won't get into my car some day, and when I get to where I'm going, find my trusty EDC flashlight has fallen to the ground, and been run over by my car.

It sure would have been nice if the D11 came with a stainless steel clip...or even if I could have bought one at the same time, so I didn't have to pay shipping twice.

Of course, it would be even NICER if the D11 didn't drain batteries in less than a week.