Does this rechargable flashlight exist yet

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read this and this looks like it does have a recharging cradle, but that it won't be available June 1, 2005. Webpage

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, what you guys should be campaigning for is and EDC sized rechargeable light that uses inductive charging like the Sonicare line of toothbrushes. Their bodies are completely hermetically sealed so no problems with water getting in. And since LEDs don't need replaced, we don't need bulb access anymore. Only two other things to worry about. Do you provide access to change the lens should it break? And do you make it openable with tools to change the battery? I'd say with today's technology in batteries, you can sell the light as warrantied for 5 years and beyond that you need to send it in for a (cheap) battery replacement.

Mark

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good find JAS! Now we know the T4 charges internally, and I had no idea there is a T5.

I've never had an inductive light Minjin. Are they very bright?

franken2

Newly Enlightened
I've owned the 3 watt cabela's XPG light for about 3 months and have only seen one thread about it here. One other member had one and had problems with intermittent output, can't remember who it was.
Anyway the light charges with the battery inside by plugging the charger into a small hole in the tailcap that has a small rubber plug that seals the hole. Battery is a "Nitefox" model LC-1865 3.7 volt 2000mah design that I have been unable to find as I would like to be able to carry a spare charged one.
This light is probably my brightest led light and out throws my cabela's 5 watt light due to it's smaller hot spot but very good side spill. I once ran it for 45 mins. and it took 45 mins. to recharge from it's ac powered charger. I've been very happy with this light and it's 80 dollar price tag. I would reccomend it as a bright, reliable, re-chargeable led light. Still trying to find a spare batt for it.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Franken for your insight. I wish this light would be reviewed by flashlightreviews.com or similar. I want to see how the beam compares now that you said it's 3w beats out a 5w LED. Also was 45 minutes the total runtime or can it go longer?

franken2

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LowBat said:
Thanks Franken for your insight. I wish this light would be reviewed by flashlightreviews.com or similar. I want to see how the beam compares now that you said it's 3w beats out a 5w LED. Also was 45 minutes the total runtime or can it go longer?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's advertised as 3 hr. runtime but i never verified that.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
franken2 said:
I've owned the 3 watt cabela's XPG light for about 3 months and have only seen one thread about it here. One other member had one and had problems with intermittent output, can't remember who it was.
Anyway the light charges with the battery inside by plugging the charger into a small hole in the tailcap that has a small rubber plug that seals the hole. Battery is a "Nitefox" model LC-1865 3.7 volt 2000mah design that I have been unable to find as I would like to be able to carry a spare charged one.
This light is probably my brightest led light and out throws my cabela's 5 watt light due to it's smaller hot spot but very good side spill. I once ran it for 45 mins. and it took 45 mins. to recharge from it's ac powered charger. I've been very happy with this light and it's 80 dollar price tag. I would reccomend it as a bright, reliable, re-chargeable led light. Still trying to find a spare batt for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks franken2 for helping clear the mystery on this light. It has been out awhile and I'm not sure why it hasn't caught on around here....I suspect now though it's going to pick up and some more CPFers can give us their reviews on it. Seems like a winning combo to me

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received an e-mail today from Laurie Sabella, Emissive Energy Corporation (Inova). It has a brochure attached that gives more details. If you guys want more information let me know. I have to get back to work,but I should be on later.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I have read so far, it would seem as if the Inova T4 will be a better light than the Cabela's XPG Rechargeable LED Flashlight. The Cabela's light is 65-lumens where the Inova is 100-lumens. The Cabela's is $79.99 and Inova is $87.95 from Island Security. The Cabela's is 6 inches long and the Inova is 8 inches long. Cabela's is 3 watt vs. Inova 4 watt. Both have lithium ion batteries.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I'll soon be able to handle the T4 in a store if I can just keep myself from making an impulse buy. I do wonder how much of that 100 lumen output is true. Nobody here has heard of a 4 watt LED so the real story has yet to be told.

berklee46

Newly Enlightened
I'm also looking to replace my Stinger with a rechargable LED light. I'm a police officer and will be using it daily, so rechargeable is an absolute must.

Along with the ones mentioned so far, has any had any experience with this 5 watt light from Vortex?
http://store.yahoo.com/herbence2teststore1/tr5-bk.html

Another one I'm thinking of is the Surefire L7, although it seems they aren't the most well liked lights here, especially for almost $200.

Thanks for any help

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like you berklee46 I'm searching for such a light that recharges internally. Fellow CPFers have found two so far (Inova T4 and Cabela's XPG).

I checked the Vortex website and it says this uses an external charger. Another factor is the battery stick is Ni-MH. I would prefer the Li-Ion chemistry. Maybe someone who has the Vortex TR5 will post their impressions.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am patiently waiting for a Inova T4 review (to include its weight) If it really punches out the light and is as heavy as my minimag R2H with NiMH batteries, it will be my new helmet light.

As far as the 4 watt LED mystery goes, think of it this way. A Luxeon III at 1,000mA is around 4 watts (3.76-3.99 VDC X 1.000) It all makes sense.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received this from Island Security yesterday.............
Hi,

Inova told me 3 to 4 weeks.

Thanks,

Jason
The Island Group
Island Security Store
5663 Balboa Ave., Ste. 373
San Diego, CA 92111

www.islandsecuritystore.com
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 8:57 PM
Subject: Inova T4 Tactical Flashlight

> Hello, I am interested in buying an Inova T4 Tactical Flashlight from your
> company. Do you know when these might be available?
>
> Jim