Does this seem wrong to you or is it just me.

lightnix

Enlightened
I wouldn't really know about the clip, I reckon it's made that way to stop the sharp end cutting your pockets to ribbons. I think you're being paranoid about the cops, though - I reckon that 99.999% of them wouldn't know what they were looking at (and probably wouldn't be able to see it either, once they'd shone it in their own faces to see how bright it was - why do people do that, BTW ?)

As long as you're not acting suspiciously, they're not likely to search you. I've been carrying an "illegal weapon" (a Leatherman Wave) quite openly on my belt every day for the last five or six years, including a large number of occasions walking down the Embankment towards the Houses of Parliament or elsewhere in central London and I've never been pulled for it (or anything else). Mind you, I don't carry it for it's defensive capabilities, I've got fists and feet for that - it's a tool (officer), nothing more.

Anyway, they've got far more to worry about at the moment. According to today's Evening Standard, the Police (well the Met., at least) have been so busy concentrating on Al Qaeda recently, that the Russian Mafia have been having a field day in the West End. I've heard they've even got the Triads on their back foot.

Just buy the thing and stay away from trouble, you'll be fine.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
The E2e D is not sharp.

That picture of the Laser Devices "Operative" above is different to the one i have found online here http://outdoorsuppliesuk.com/laserdevices/ov1.html

There seems to be a bit extra on the end on the one at outdoor supplies and the one in TonyBPD's pic has a different laser devices logo on it, are they different models?

Does anybody Know if this is any good?

How does it compare to the E2e?

Can you run it on Pila batteries?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Raoul_Duke said:...in British law...there is no such thing as a weapon for self defence. Defence=offence in England...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
lightnix said:...I've been carrying an "illegal weapon" (a Leatherman Wave)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading this thread is like watching an episode of the twilight zone. I can't believe Britain has gotten that backwards. Unfortunately, I have to say there's also plenty of cause to fear for the U.S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Steve_Chism

Newly Enlightened
Duke,
It'll be a quicktime movie.
I can't do anything about it tonight, I'll post it to my geocities tomorrow morning, then let you know the addy.

Steve

Steve_Chism

Newly Enlightened
Ok, well, I'm an insomniac at times :p go to http://www.geocities.com/yoknife/ and rightclick>Save target as. it's about 4 megs.

The best way I can describe it is, if you have your shirt out, use your thumb to pull it up, then slide said thumb down the front of the flashlight inside the pocket, grab hold, and pull. When it clears the pocket, there should be minimal movement needed to get your thumb to the button...most of the time the light will already be in the propper grip.

Steve

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Cheers Steve looking forward to it.

Just had a look at the P61 in the E2e D thread and I may be swaying back to the E2e D. for a while I was concidering the Laser devices Ov-1 as they seem to Know they seem to know which way a pocket clip should be mounted.

May still get it but if this E2e D mod can be done I may go for that instead. Or I may just get Both and do the Mod as well.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=610086&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1#Post610274

Ahhhghhh. One day on CPF and look what you guys have done to me.

rfdancer

Newly Enlightened
I put "Crime in Britian" in Google and got this at:
http://www.allsafedefense.com/news/International/Britain%20Fear.htm

To the great consternation of British authorities concerned about tourism revenue, a June CBS News report proclaimed Great Britain "one of the most violent urban societies in the Western world." Declared Dan Rather: "This summer, thousands of Americans will travel to Britain expecting a civilized island free from crime and ugliness...[But now] the U.K. has a crime problem....worse than ours."

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Cant seem to get your video to work Steve.
I followed your instructions but all i get is an error mesage saying website coulden't be found or i should try later.

Steve_Chism

Newly Enlightened
hmm...I can't seem to get it to work now either...it worked when I first tested it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Ah well, all I can say is get the one you think you'll be comfortable with, and eventually get the other, then you'll know for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
[ QUOTE ]
NewBie said:
Humm, weapons...

You should see rothradir's flashlight:

macemag_collage.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, at least you should be able to grip the head without slipping for focus adjustment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif