Does your partner have any interest in your flashlight collection,or none at all

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really compared to buying her a Mercedes Benz SLK 350! I will end up saving money in the long run LOL I want a MB SLK550.

Gaffle

Enlightened
MY wife was pumped when I bought her a Fenix E1 at REI one day. Her first official EDC for the purse. I think it was 2 days ago, she pulled it out of her purse, turned it on, and the asked me how proud I was of her for having it in her purse.

Two years ago I lost my HDS, just a brief loss, and she was in pain for me to have lost my beloved flashlight. I think she was just as relieved as I was when I finally found that light. Possibly because that meant another HDS purchase would have had to happen...

LedTed

Enlightened
My wife does not have any interest in my flashlight collection. However, she does appreciate the need for high quality tools and equipment. A prime example for my wife would be the yearly purchase of a top end 15-inch MacBook Pro. So, when I drop a messily $100.00 on a flashlight every couple of years, nothing is even mentioned. For us, our shared perspective is more practical than just a hobby.

dhunley1

Enlightened
My girlfriend definitely appreciates having them around, but she doesn't understand why I geek out over them.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
A prime example for my wife would be the yearly purchase of a top end 15-inch MacBook Pro.

What does she do with the previous year's models? Gift them to family/friends?

Last edited:

Raven-burg

Newly Enlightened
We don't really discuss it. It's my secret geek out world I guess. She knows I like them and is always using my McGizmo 2xAA Haiku, which is in our bedroom, for looking in the dark corners of her wardrobe and drawers. She likes the clicky switch.
If only she knew how much it cost!
She knows I always carry and is sometimes appreciative of it.

All new purchases get delivered to my work, batteries charged there too. I then discreetly put the packaging in one of my 'man' cupboards at home and just use the light like I've always had it! Simple

dbld49

Newly Enlightened
We don't really discuss it. It's my secret geek out world I guess. She knows I like them and is always using my McGizmo 2xAA Haiku, which is in our bedroom, for looking in the dark corners of her wardrobe and drawers. She likes the clicky switch.
If only she knew how much it cost!
She knows I always carry and is sometimes appreciative of it.

All new purchases get delivered to my work, batteries charged there too. I then discreetly put the packaging in one of my 'man' cupboards at home and just use the light like I've always had it! Simple

Ha! This is kind of how it works for me. Except I get them delivered to the house since I get home a couple hours before my wife. She knows I go through spells of being hardcore about a particular hobby, and right now it's flashlights.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Ha! This is kind of how it works for me. Except I get them delivered to the house since I get home a couple hours before my wife. She knows I go through spells of being hardcore about a particular hobby, and right now it's flashlights.

Oh, this is me. I obsess over something until I can't learn much more about it, Must... Resist the urge to look at custom and expensive flashlights.
:broke:

tops2

Enlightened
She knows I go through spells of being hardcore about a particular hobby, and right now it's flashlights.

Lol.. Me too. The previous obsession was headphones. Then finally had a dry spell for 3-4 years, but now into flashlights!

sandalian

Enlightened
Few months before I married my wife, it was dark and we're almost lost in the mountain slope.
We're depending our vision to a small "police" branded AAA LED light, bought $5 from DX. The tiny flashlight helped us through the night, back into the basecamp.

Since that time, my wife never opposed my hobby.

OUTDOOR

Newly Enlightened
My girlfriend has no interest in lights, leds, modding, cars, knives or any other outdoor activity except hiking. this brings some interesting discussions.

Nordac

Newly Enlightened
My girlfriend doesnt care, I mean she tries and she sits and listens to me blab on about lumens and mods I can make and batteries voltage difference....but try as hard as she might it might as well be quantum physics. She appreciates it and knows I always have my Olight S10R II on me at all times. She she uses it when she needs it. Lol if I tell her to put one in her purse but its pretty lost on her. Same thing when I talk about my knives

wolfgaze

Enlightened
My girlfriend doesnt care, I mean she tries and she sits and listens to me blab on about lumens and mods I can make and batteries voltage difference....but try as hard as she might it might as well be quantum physics. She appreciates it and knows I always have my Olight S10R II on me at all times. She she uses it when she needs it. Lol if I tell her to put one in her purse but its pretty lost on her. Same thing when I talk about my knives

Maybe you should get her one of the pink Spyderco Native's or pink Benchmade Mini-Griptilian's for her to keep in her purse... You can tell her it's for self-protection (because you care about her well-being) and remind her that a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the knife goes to a charitable cause... Perhaps she'll taking a liking to it and soon develop a newfound respect for your interest in knives. You could also explore getting her a pink Fenix E01 keychain light...

:)

Nordac

Newly Enlightened
Maybe you should get her one of the pink Spyderco Native's or pink Benchmade Mini-Griptilian's for her to keep in her purse... You can tell her it's for self-protection (because you care about her well-being) and remind her that a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the knife goes to a charitable cause... Perhaps she'll taking a liking to it and soon develop a newfound respect for your interest in knives. You could also explore getting her a pink Fenix E01 keychain light...

:)
She carries an HK knife my sister's ex husband gave me... and after seeing her *cough* skill level with it.....well she is a keeper but it wasnt the proudest day of my life lol. The torch I could do for sure. She always seems to need mine!

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
My wife teases me about my lights, but is quick to ask, "honey can I borrow your light" as she knows I always have one or three on my person...I think she is a closet flashaholic, because she ends up with 3 or 4 of my lights on her night stand by the end of the week.

ven

Flashaholic

+1 to that :laughing: well most do tbh, odd one she knows about at the time goes to house address! No flashlights, she would get suspicious...........:devil:

d123

Newly Enlightened
My wife's interest gets to about the level of "that's nice" when I show her a new addition to my collection, usually followed by "so how much was it?" Luckily her lack of interest means when I say a price about 1/4 of the actual price she just accepts what I say :p.