E to E with the new 'C' cell

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a little adjusting, and it'll be more better...
grinser2.gif
It's still a rough draft.

Two pieces...no bridge...and any E-series switch will work.

I gotta make me a fat switch housing...
yellowlaugh.gif

A special thanks to CPF member AW, for making this reality.

TB

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! What a beautiful light. You should make a fat E-series switch like you said. hehe

So... with that said... where can we get one?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
:rock: And so it starts... :rock:

You are so right and will start again I`m sure!:) No end to the cool ideas from TB!:rock:

Ken

EDIT: I forgot to say:

I LIKE! :drool: :grin2:

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wicked cool! So, Scott....when are you making mine to match my new TnC head? Aluminum please. :poke:

:grin2:
-DF

Action

Enlightened
Any particular reason for sticking with E series tailcaps? They look so out of proportion when used with 18MM or thicker batteries. Something with a C series tailcap would definately look better and provide a better selection of caps (both Leef and Surefire) that more closely match the diameter of higher capacity batteries.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Action said:
Any particular reason for sticking with E series tailcaps? They look so out of proportion when used with 18MM or thicker batteries. Something with a C series tailcap would definately look better and provide a better selection of caps (both Leef and Surefire) that more closely match the diameter of higher capacity batteries.

I'm not sticking with typical E-series, I just haven't had time to make a big O.D. switch body...

C-series switch bodies are the same O.D. as the E-series, and 2 level switches fit the E-series...C and E switch bodies are both based off 1.000" O.D. stock.

The new 'C' cell is too large to pass through a C-series opening...So C-series has two strikes against it already.

TB

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
TranquillityBase said:
That's a possibilty...

TB

:twothumbs

I'm thinking your simple fat design or possibly something groovy would work well with this...

dsc0703zj1.jpg
dsc0702wa2.jpg

That's a 38mm head. :naughty:

-DF

Action

Enlightened
I'm not sure what E series switches you are talking about vs. what C series switches you have measured. None of my E series switches (3 that I pull up from various E series lights at hand) are even close in OD to the size of any of my C series switches (8 C/Z/P tubes with switches at hand). The difference is clearly visible to the naked eye and I have checked that there is a measureable difference using a pair of locking pliers (man I wish that I could find my calipers in the hole that is my garage!). The C series switches are flush in diameter to Leef's 18650 tubes. The E series switches on the TB tubes that I have are far smaller in OD than the tube itself. If I place a C series switch in place of the E series switch on my 2 TB tubes, the C series switch looks way more proportional.

While a C switch will still not allow the new 'C' cell to fit through the tail, it wil be much more proportional than any except for an extreme custom E series. Not that an extreme custom E series is bad, its just that it adds to the cost without any more functionality. Leef switches are C sized and use E series internals, so the two level issue isn't true for all C series switches. There are quite a few variations that Leef has made available at the Hound...

Anyway, just a thought.

TranquillityBase said:
I'm not sticking with typical E-series, I just haven't had time to make a big O.D. switch body...

C-series switch bodies are the same O.D. as the E-series, and 2 level switches fit the E-series...C and E switch bodies are both based off 1.000" O.D. stock.

The new 'C' cell is too large to pass through a C-series opening...So C-series has two strikes against it already.

TB

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Action said:
I'm not sure what E series switches you are talking about vs. what C series switches you have measured. None of my E series switches (3 that I pull up from various E series lights at hand) are even close in OD to the size of any of my C series switches (8 C/Z/P tubes with switches at hand). The difference is clearly visible to the naked eye and I have checked that there is a measureable difference using a pair of locking pliers (man I wish that I could find my calipers in the hole that is my garage!). The C series switches are flush in diameter to Leef's 18650 tubes. The E series switches on the TB tubes that I have are far smaller in OD than the tube itself. If I place a C series switch in place of the E series switch on my 2 TB tubes, the C series switch looks way more proportional.

While a C switch will still not allow the new 'C' cell to fit through the tail, it wil be much more proportional than any except for an extreme custom E series. Not that an extreme custom E series is bad, its just that it adds to the cost without any more functionality. Leef switches are C sized and use E series internals, so the two level issue isn't true for all C series switches. There are quite a few variations that Leef has made available at the Hound...

Anyway, just a thought.
I'm referencing all the McGizmo E-series compatable switch bodies...

The SF Z57 is a .800" O.D. switch that you must be talking about, and yes, it looks a bit out of place with a 1.000 O.D. cell tube.

I wasn't aware that the Leef 'C' Clicky's would function with a McE2S switch...The last time I asked, they were Clicky only.

I'll add some photos in a minute

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jackson, these are the switch bodies I'm referencing...You may have the SF Z57's, which are .800" O.D., and yes, they don't look as good pared with a 1.000" O.D. cell tube.

I wasn't aware that the Leef Clicky housings would accept the McE2S.

Action

Enlightened
Ahh. Now I see. I don't have any McE switches.

I thought that Leef said the internals of his switches were based on E series stuff. I've got some switches on order, but am waiting on the postal service to deliver them.