• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eagletac D25A, D25A2, D25C, D25C2, D25LC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
There seem to be a lack of interest for these light. I recently ordered a D25A and D25LC2 and they are very very good light! Are there better lights out there at this price range?

thaugen

Enlightened
I've been using my D25A mini for the past week and am loving this little light! Well made, simple interface, bright light and affordable price. I am now waiting for the neutral tint version!

Deal4

Enlightened
I really like the looks of the D25A! Wish I had could buy one, but alas the funds will not allow at this time.
+1 on the neutral tint

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I have the D25LC2 and it's fantastic. The levels are spaced out very nicely, it's smaller than I thought it would be, it's certainly bright enough!
I liked it so much I've contacted my local supplier and I'm now just waiting for him to put up the D25C so I can order both the D25A and D25C at the same time!

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've also made some inquiries into the D25A and A2 with my dealer (appropriate term for a flashaholics fix I think). Think they would make really nice gifts as well at the price point they are at.

lovemylexicon

Newly Enlightened
I have both the D25C and the D25LC2.

Some lights that use the S2 emitters have green tint. But Eagletac's S2 emitters are pure white tint. In fact, some of my other white tint lights look somewhat green when compared with the S2 emitters of these Eagletac lights. Excellent job, Eagletac!

iqwozpoom

Newly Enlightened
I'm am personally very interested in these lights, just waiting for the neutral models. And some reviews... Quick question, anyone who has the D25LC2, how small is it? I'm guessing it's compareable to a Quark 1232? I'm thinking of trading off 18650 compatability for the more edc sized D25C2, anyone have one of those yet?

Last edited:

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
Do the D25A and D25C go into direct drive on rechargable lithiums? If so do they keep a low mode?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the D25A and D25C go into direct drive on rechargable lithiums? If so do they keep a low mode?
The D25A can't take a rechargeable lithium--at least, not a lithion-ion (3.7 to 4.2V). The highest voltage it can accept is 3.2V. A 3V primary 14505 would be ideal.

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
At just 17.5mm thin and 3.2 inches long, the D25A may find itself on many keyrings. Does any other 1xAA light this thin deliver such a high output? Not the Fenix LD15, not the Nitecore EZAA R5. Possibly the 18mm Peak El Capitan and Volcan, at least when fitted with a lithium-ion. Most of the XP-G S2 and XM-L 1AAs are going on bodies measuring 20 to 22mm.

mmace1

Enlightened
At just 17.5mm thin and 3.2 inches long, the D25A may find itself on many keyrings. Does any other 1xAA light this thin deliver such a high output? .

Quark mini AA essentially. An R5 not an S2 but really...not a terrible amount of difference there.

I'm actually really interested in the D25A2 as it seems so similar to the mini 2xAA, and I didn't previously know of any light similar to that Quark. If I knew of a site that offered the D25A2 and decent international shipping, I probably would have gotten one by now.

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
The D25A can't take a rechargeable lithium--at least, not a lithion-ion (3.7 to 4.2V). The highest voltage it can accept is 3.2V. A 3V primary 14505 would be ideal.

Then why did they write the following on their website:

When using single 4.2V (protected circuit is highly recommended), middle output mode will become high output mode.

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
I love my d25 a2 but found a weird quirk. I'm guessing this probably affects all lights in the series. If you take a piece of metal and bridge the gap between the clip and the steel head you'll get it to light. I was able to get current draw readings a lot easier this way :p.

So far I can't see, in my usage, where this will be a problem so I'm not going to press the issue. I just thought I would let you all know.

It's an awesome series and a hell of deal for everything you get

Danielsan

Enlightened
There seem to be a lack of interest for these light. I recently ordered a D25A and D25LC2 and they are very very good light! Are there better lights out there at this price range?

Well, i would say you have tons of lights in this price range and also better ones, ZL SC51, Xeno E03 for example.

At just 17.5mm thin and 3.2 inches long, the D25A may find itself on many keyrings. Does any other 1xAA light this thin deliver such a high output? .

Its still to big for my keyring and as an EDC i can accept a bit wider lights as well. My 1xAAA Klarus MIX6 Ti can do 85 Lumens, thats a light for a keyring. The D25A is compact for 1xAA but thats a ZL SC51 as well. There are a lot brighter 1xAA lights on the market, if the D24A would be a bit brighter i would buy it

jcalvert

Enlightened
ohhhhh nooooooo! After running 14500 my d25A can no longer take AA 1.5v :-( arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Would you please describe what you mean by the phrase, "no longer take".

Does the light not switch on at all with a AA?

Or does it switch on, but not all modes operate properly?

Does it still operate properly with the 14500?

In fact, has anything changed since you first reported this phenomena?

Your feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

-John

MashBill

Newly Enlightened
I love my d25 a2 but found a weird quirk. I'm guessing this probably affects all lights in the series. If you take a piece of metal and bridge the gap between the clip and the steel head you'll get it to light. I was able to get current draw readings a lot easier this way :p.

So far I can't see, in my usage, where this will be a problem so I'm not going to press the issue. I just thought I would let you all know.

It's an awesome series and a hell of deal for everything you get

My D25C does the same thing if I don't twist the head out enough. Guess I can't EDC it when wearing my chainmail jeans. :)

It is a nice light and I plan to order the D25LC2 soon.

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
My D25C does the same thing if I don't twist the head out enough. Guess I can't EDC it when wearing my chainmail jeans. :)

Actually I can twist it out until the last thread and still get it to light up. As I said though, not that big of deal I guess.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
I have a D25LC2 in the post. One of the local suppliers here, in Australia, has them discounted (1/3 off), so hit the 'pay now' button. I hope the S2 emitter is as white and clean as several members have reported - I did ask the dealer if the beam was a good white and (of course), he said "...has a lovely white beam, no rings at all, it has a light O/P reflector and I'm sure you will be delighted with it..." We'll see! Fingers crossed. :twothumbs

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic

Ive been carrying my D25C and D25LC2 for a few weeks now with zero problems, the D25C replaces my ITP A1 EOS keychain light as my favorite EDC. The D25C isnt much longer than the ITP and the D25C is much easier to change modes with one hand. Eagletac did their homework on the D25 Series Lights, Iam excited to see more new products from them in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.