• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eagletac D25A, D25A2, D25C, D25C2, D25LC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfen68

Newly Enlightened
Have Ti D25C2's been announced? I only saw the single cell versions...and they looked beautiful.

I have to add my only D25 series complaint...while I also wish the clip was reversible, I think the only real issue I have is with the holster. It is well made but opens (unsnaps) too easily.

Try this with yours:

- Secure your light in the holster as usual.
- Very gently, lift one corner edge or the other (not the middle) of the closing flap.
- Watch it pop open :(

The snap opens far too easily when the flap is nudged from the side. This could easily happen with an outer jacket catching on the holster flap while taking it off...or perhaps from bumping along a wall or piece of furniture.

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
Anybody having any problems with the D25C not switching modes? I have to turn the head on mine 10 to 15 times to get it to go out of low mode. Then it will go medium and high as normal some of the time but not always. Anyone else with this issue? This is the main reason I have not carried mine as a EDC yet.

Streamer

Enlightened
I'm confused. Are you saying they advertise it as working with both and they don't?

Yes, in its debut, it was billed as also running on 14500 with the caveat that medium mode would become HIGH...that was fine with me....then they removed the billing claiming 14500 ability....and NOW the Titaniums show up with that capability. So, looks like I had my chain YANKED.... They can call it a typo or whatever...but....grrrrrrr!

shadeone

Newly Enlightened
check eagletacs facebook page... they got the first actual pics of the d35c and d25a2 clickies...

LG&M

Enlightened
I am going to wait until I see what else comes out for 2012, But the D25A is looking good.

jag-engr

Enlightened
I'm definitely going to hold out for a neutral-tint D25A, or possibly a neutral-tint D25A2, or possibly both... :drool:

I love my d25 a2 but found a weird quirk. I'm guessing this probably affects all lights in the series. If you take a piece of metal and bridge the gap between the clip and the steel head you'll get it to light. I was able to get current draw readings a lot easier this way :p.
That's disconcerting, but not actually surprising. On twisty flashlights, the negative contact witht he battery is made through the body of the light. Most of the body is electrically isolated by the anodization. However, I suspect that the clip holes are not anodized and the current therefore can travel through the screws and into the clip.

he steel bezel should have been electrically isolated, but it sounds like that didn't happen. If this light were placed in a bag or pocket with metal objects this could be a problem...

I have been running the 14505 in my D25a since I got it. I still have all three levels of brightness and it is alot brighter. I compared it to my Quark mini AA on 14505 and it is brighter still. ... One more thing when I was running 14505 in the minAA it would get hot in a hurry the DC25A doesn't get hot at all. Rated at higher voltage than the miniAA.
This is great news! I love the 14505 for my QM-AA, but it does get hot on high. I think the heat management difference between the QM-AA and the ET D25A has more to do with heat sinking than how much voltage the circuit can handle, since I suspect that they both use very similar circuits.

RAFA

Newly Enlightened
Re: Eagletac D25C2, D25LC2

Afternoon gents,
I'm curious to know if the D25C2 steps down on its own from Turbo to High like the D25LC2?

Streamer

Enlightened
Have Ti D25C2's been announced? I only saw the single cell versions...and they looked beautiful.

I have to add my only D25 series complaint...while I also wish the clip was reversible, I think the only real issue I have is with the holster. It is well made but opens (unsnaps) too easily.

Try this with yours:

- Secure your light in the holster as usual.
- Very gently, lift one corner edge or the other (not the middle) of the closing flap.
- Watch it pop open :(

The snap opens far too easily when the flap is nudged from the side. This could easily happen with an outer jacket catching on the holster flap while taking it off...or perhaps from bumping along a wall or piece of furniture.

You are correct. So I fixed mine. All you need is a very narrow mini flat bladed precision screwdriver. Wedge it behind the metal walls inside the base of the snap cover, and bend it inward on both sides....(takes pretty good twisting pressure).... Now tight as a....fill in the blank...lol
P1010736.jpg

Last edited:

Wolfen68

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip Streamer....I'll try that.

If the holster is that easily "fixed", I guess I can't find any remaining complaints with the D series. So far still enjoying my D25c and D25C2. I use the D25C for EDC and the D25C2 for camping or if I ever need a little more oomph. The D25C2 is preferred by me for more serious outdoor work as it is a little longer...so it works better in my Jakstrap headband without shining/glaring on the corner of my glasses when used as a headlamp.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Eagletac D25C2, D25LC2

Afternoon gents,
I'm curious to know if the D25C2 steps down on its own from Turbo to High like the D25LC2?
I think all of the D series will step down from turbo after 90 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.