• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eagletac D25A, D25A2, D25C, D25C2, D25LC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I have been running the 14505 in my DC25a since I got it. I still have all three levels of brightness and it is alot brighter. I compared it to my Quark mini AA on 14505 and it is brighter still. The website says that if you use 14500 you loose medium but I don't have any yet to confirm. Just got the DC25A2 running eneloops and it is just as bright as the DC25A on 14505. Love these lights. One more thing when I was running 14505 in the minAA it would get hot in a hurry the DC25A doesn't get hot at all. Rated at higher voltage than the miniAA. On another note just got the P20A2 MKII XML and it rocks on eneloops. Eagletac has my business for now.

DC25A? You mean D25A?
I can't decide if I should get the D25A and run 14505/14500 or get the D25A2.
Any news? Try the 14500 on it? Thanks for the help!

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
DC25A? You mean D25A?
I can't decide if I should get the D25A and run 14505/14500 or get the D25A2.
Any news? Try the 14500 on it? Thanks for the help!

I put in a 14500 and it worked for about a second then it would not come out of low even if I put a eneloop back in. DO NOT PUT A 14500 IN THE D25A!!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone who has the D25LC2 do you notice any PWM? I noticed in the specs of the D25 series the AAx2 specifically says "no PWM" but no mention with any of the the models.

I'm going to order a D25L2C if I can confirm it's current controlled and not PWM, thanks.

kreisler

Banned
I put in a 14500 and it worked for about a second then it would not come out of low even if I put a eneloop back in. DO NOT PUT A 14500 IN THE D25A!!
14500's are officially supported by the D-series.
Apart from that, EagleTac has FREE hassle-free lifetime warranty.

you're not telling us that your torch has died on you, are you? If it did, sorry to hear. Then contact your Eagtac dealer and you'll get a FREE replacement torch.

no problem.

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
Yes the flashlight went poof! As far as I know the warranty is for 120 months not lifetime. No sense getting a replacement since it won't run 14500 reliable and I already return it. Got the new Titanium D25C on order W/DD on RCR123A. Cant wait!

14500's are officially supported by the D-series.
Apart from that, EagleTac has FREE hassle-free lifetime warranty.

you're not telling us that your torch has died on you, are you? If it did, sorry to hear. Then contact your Eagtac dealer and you'll get a FREE replacement torch.

no problem.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the flashlight went poof! As far as I know the warranty is for 120 months not lifetime. No sense getting a replacement since it won't run 14500 reliable and I already return it. Got the new Titanium D25C on order W/DD on RCR123A. Cant wait!

That D25 Ti sure is a good looking light, I ordered the D25LC2 yesterday and if the twisty is as smooth as I hope it will be and a couple other intangibles then I'll be looking at the Ti models as well.

I like two cell light's though and it seems there are rarely any 2 cell Ti models made and unless I missed it the Ti D25's are only one cell as well, that's a big bummer I was hopeful I could at least find a Ti D25C2.

Streamer

Enlightened
I have the D25C. Is the verdict out yet? Can I run RCR123's or no?

When I purchased, I was under the impression it could go with both 123A's and rcr123's.

Hmmmmmm....I'm afraid to try until I get some kind of confirmation.

Anyone?

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
I have the D25C. Is the verdict out yet? Can I run RCR123's or no?

When I purchased, I was under the impression it could go with both 123A's and rcr123's.

Hmmmmmm....I'm afraid to try until I get some kind of confirmation.

Anyone?

Check post #37. Looks like it might not be a good idea. I put a 14500 in my D25A and it went poof!!

Streamer

Enlightened
yeh, was just wishful thinkin that maybe applied to certain runs.

Oh well, I really like the little guy. So guess I'll stick to 123's.

EagleTac should supply me with a bundle of 123's since I went in thinkin I could use either battery as advertised. :(

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my D25LC2 today and what a nice little surprise it turned out to be, I though it would be a pretty good light but actually I think it's great. It reminds me of a big D10 of course with a twisty instead of the Piston UI.

The threads are silky smooth and the tint is nice and white, a risky business with a XP-G but Eagletac has seemed to do it well enough. Redilast will not work so I'm using Eagletac 2400mah for now, hopefully the Eagletac 3100mah using the Panasonic cell is released soon and that's what I will use.

The pocket clip is fantastic again just like the D10 or a lot like it anyway, the new Eagletac holsters are much appreciated even though I won't use it for this light it will come in handy and I look forward to the new rigid holster for the G25 which I will use.

The only thing I wish I could change with this light is I wish it had memory mode! I'm not a memory mode fan with clicky's but it's different with the twisty especially this one which requires 4 twist for turbo mode, wouldn't it be great if ET released a small run with memory but I guess that will never happen.

So I think this is a awesome 18650 EDC twister and even though it doesn't use the latest greatest XM-L the XP-G S2 can be a great emitter when done right, like done with this light the XP-G offers good throw for reflector size and nice white tint while still offering plenty of lumens and all for less than $50. It's to bad it doesn't appear the D25LC2 is going to be selected for the Ti treatment because I would buy one in a heartbeat but as it is I may go for a D25C2 (2xCR123 only) for a smaller size when needed.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
I got my D25LC2 today and what a nice little surprise it turned out to be, I though it would be a pretty good light but actually I think it's great. It reminds me of a big D10 of course with a twisty instead of the Piston UI.

The threads are silky smooth and the tint is nice and white, a risky business with a XP-G but Eagletac has seemed to do it well enough. Redilast will not work so I'm using Eagletac 2400mah for now, hopefully the Eagletac 3100mah using the Panasonic cell is released soon and that's what I will use.

The pocket clip is fantastic again just like the D10 or a lot like it anyway, the new Eagletac holsters are much appreciated even though I won't use it for this light it will come in handy and I look forward to the new rigid holster for the G25 which I will use.

The only thing I wish I could change with this light is I wish it had memory mode! I'm not a memory mode fan with clicky's but it's different with the twisty especially this one which requires 4 twist for turbo mode, wouldn't it be great if ET released a small run with memory but I guess that will never happen.

So I think this is a awesome 18650 EDC twister and even though it doesn't use the latest greatest XM-L the XP-G S2 can be a great emitter when done right, like done with this light the XP-G offers good throw for reflector size and nice white tint while still offering plenty of lumens and all for less than $50. It's to bad it doesn't appear the D25LC2 is going to be selected for the Ti treatment because I would buy one in a heartbeat but as it is I may go for a D25C2 (2xCR123 only) for a smaller size when needed.

Found out something the other day that might be useful to some on this light.

If you twist the head just until the light shuts off, then you can pull back on the head and it will come on, works kinda like a momentary on. But if you leave it like that it might come on when in a holster.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you twist the head just until the light shuts off, then you can pull back on the head and it will come on, works kinda like a momentary on. But if you leave it like that it might come on when in a holster.

Yes but thankfully the D25LC2 will not turn on with pressure when turned off, yes like you say you can set it that way by just barely backing off but you have to purposely set it up for it to do this, with a normal twist to off no amount of pressure will turn it on. Some light's I have will turn on with pressure even after I back off/twist a good amount, it may never really cause any problems or turn on in my pocket but there is just something not right about it, kind of a cheap feeling or lower quality if you will. Again thankfully the D25 does not have this problem everything seems to zip up nice and tight, I'm speaking about the LC2 model but I'm guessing the other models in the D25 lineup are the same, hopefully anyways.

minnstars

Newly Enlightened
I've had my D25C for about a week now and I can find no fault with it. I decided to try it for a day or two as my EDC and it has never left my pocket. I thought it would be nice if the clip were reversible, but because the screw on design is so sturdy I've decided it's great just as it is. The UI is easy to use and with 3 well spaced levels and 4 useful flashing modes this light really does it all in a form factor that you can't help but love. Nice build quality and generous accessory package all for $40.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeh, was just wishful thinkin that maybe applied to certain runs.

Oh well, I really like the little guy. So guess I'll stick to 123's.

EagleTac should supply me with a bundle of 123's since I went in thinkin I could use either battery as advertised. :(
I'm confused. Are you saying they advertise it as working with both and they don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.