edc single cr123 ??

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
EX10, just unscrew it a little so it does't turn on in your pocket.

thanks for the advice, but i tried loosening, tightening, lubing, un-lubing, and everything in between. nothing worked and i was going to send it back to 4sevens until someone at work decided they needed my light more than i did and it disappeared. :mad:

notso

conor

Newly Enlightened
to this day i still carry my HDS EDC B42 that was modded. its still the perfect light for me

dmonay

Newly Enlightened
Yes. I have a Novatac 120P and a Surefie E2DL. But, I like the simplicity of the E2DL and the availability of a 20 to 80 lumen "medium" range on the 120P. I currently edc the 120P and I like it a lot. I just would like quicker or easier access to different light levels like the E2DL's simple forward clickie which is HI or LOW but no MEDIUM.

Ok, :ohgeez: I just revisited Novatac's web site and the Novatac 120E comes very close with 120-40-10 lumens, hmm, maybe I'll have to get one. :D

Per Arne

Enlightened
I like the simplicity of the SureFire E1B and after I got an Valiant Delrin tail shroud that made it tailstanding, it is an perfect EDC light. Only 2-stage; High and Low... and with the F04 Beam diffuser it is very nice for close-up work.

PA

AlienVirus

Newly Enlightened
I carry the UtraFire A1 Cree Q5-WC 230 Lumen torch in my pocket and on a D-Clip on my belt loop on my jeans I carry the glo-toob lithium light. Just in case i need a light to light up the area around me while I have the flashlight in my hands looking around. You can never have too much light aound your feet when walking in dark places:grin2:

Last edited:

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
I carried a Novatac 85T for at least a year and never thought about another flashlight until the EX10 came along. I've always wanted a Piston Drive flashlight and could never afford one of McGizmo's custom creations. The Nitecore EX10 and D10 are just about perfect EDC lights if you don't have a need for a user pre-set level (which most of us don't).

The light is small, has easily accessed high and low modes, a variable middle level, a really nice feel, is made of a higher grade of aluminum, has probably the most reliable switch mechanism out there and is fairly inexpensive. Pairing the EX10 with Russtang's crenelated Ti bezel gives it a little extra length so it now fits perfectly in my hand. With AW's R123a's and a Nano charger, I am set for at least until Nitecore does a Gen2 Piston Drive light!

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
What you describe kind of sounds like a Novatac. I don't know if you can get 120 Lumens OTF for a solid hour with an RCR123 though...

Sounds more like a Ra if you want 120 lumens for an hour, the Novatac will give you 120 lumens for 30 mins. Expect for the "click once" for each brightness.
What about a 4Sevens? Click once, then half-click for the other levels.

Latest posts