electrically conductive LED cement?

Jon_L

Newly Enlightened
Since the Seoul LED is positive ground, it might be efficient to ground the emitter and reverse the batteries.

Anyone know of electrically conductive cement?

How about epoxy mixed with aluminum or zink powder?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can do exactly what you said with regular epoxy. Your still going to solder the postive power wire to the emitter so there is no need to use conductive epoxy.

Mac

Jon_L

Newly Enlightened
cmaclel:

I was hoping to do away with the positive wire in my 3AA Brinkmann mod and maybe even clip off the positive leads if the body of the Seoul emitter could provide the electrical path.

If the leads shouldn't be clipped, I'd just fix the positive leads to (positive) ground heatsink in my reverse battery setup. Does this sound ok?

Last edited:

Jon_L

Newly Enlightened
tebore:

I wanted to use solder particularly after reading of many delaminations with cement but the Seoul instructions specify solder only for the leads and cement for the body. This is probably because they use epoxy internaly and worry about solder heat damage.

Maybe screws to attach positive leads to heatsink with grease under the body.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Circuit Works Conductive Epoxy CW2400 is rather spendy (~$24), it is highly conductive (fraction of an ohm) if mixed properly and can carry some reasonable current.

Google for places that sell it.

cheers,
george.