Elektro Lumens 'Blaster II' 3 'D' Cells

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Elektro Lumens \'Blaster II\' 3 \'D\' Cells

I wonder what kind of damage can this new optics do when paired with a 5 watt Royal Bloo LS. I bet it can do some serious damage to the eyes.... great for blinding i say.... great for self defence... not so good for illumination unless you seek to blind yoursef

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nerd-

That is so in line with what I'm thinking that your post shocked me. Just a moment ago I was describing the same thing to someone but for this purpose:

"The main purpose of this light would be to illuminate humans in the woods. White cotton shirts fluoresce. I believe that nine out of ten times people have clothing that is composed of something that will fluoresce. If I'm stream fishing at night and hear a noise and can shine a tight RB beam I will be able to identify the sound at 50 yds. If it is human, some part of their clothing will glow. If it is an animal looking at me their eyes will reflect blue."

I think we want the same light.

Regards,

-Jeff

RickLux

Newly Enlightened

Wayne are you going to put a 5 watt cyan or rb in this mod?
cool.gif
I would be very interested in one also.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Icebreak. Won't shining the light at people irritate their eyes. Much more than just normal light.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nerd -

Yes sir. Let me clarify.

There is a kind of understanding among most people that are in forest here at night. You let your presence be known. Flashing your own light at your feet is good. Some guys just cough or give you a little "Howdy there".

I'm not concerned with dangerous animals as much as humans with questionable intentions. If I hear a twig snap and no one says anything to me, I want to be able to flash that area with a light that tells me who or what is there without flooding the area with a light that wipes out my night vision. If it is a person and they have not let there presense be known then I don't care if the light irritates them. They should know better. It's kinda like old cowboy movies...walking into someone's camp without making one's presence known could result in an unfriendly reception.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Icebreak:
Wayne-

The Blaster II head looks smaller than the Electroblaster seeming to give the elegant design a more streamlined look. But I'm not sure. Is it? Does it?

Also, in the photo the gold one looks like it has a recessed switch. Does it?

Someone asked if the gold, green and blue were also anodized. Are they?

*********ramblings***********

On the Elecktrolemuns web site it would be enjoyable to see a profile photo. Where is Aluminum Overcast when I need him?

I would like to say that Electrolumens made me mad. I cannot. I'm a little irritated at myself because I thought that an LGI, two BadBoys and a MadMax would be enough for a few months. How can I pass on a Blaster II?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The dimensions of the head on the Blaster II and the original Blaster are identical, except Blaster II is longer, to accomodate 3 D cells. The inside of the head has been slightly modified to accomodate the new 30mm optics.

All the Blasters have recessed switches. The design is the same as it was before, and all the colors are the same design.

All the Blasters use grade 3 anodizing, which is thicker, and very tough. Good anodizing is actually harder than bare aluminum. Anodizing is aluminum ozide electrically bonded to the surface of aluminum.

Maybe we're all mad, for spending all our money and time on flashlights?
shocked.gif

Wayne J.
www.eletkrolumens.com

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Nerd:
I wonder what kind of damage can this new optics do when paired with a 5 watt Royal Bloo LS. I bet it can do some serious damage to the eyes.... great for blinding i say.... great for self defence... not so good for illumination unless you seek to blind yoursef
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I took the optics out of one of the Blaster II flashlights, and set it on one of the 5D 5W cyan Maglites. I measured 3,840 lux at 1 meter! I took it outside and shined it around. It is astoundingly bright. With the old optics, the beam is wider and more dispersed, and I measure around 2,000 lux. The new optics focuses a narrow beam, and throws very far. Very nearly like the cyan 5W with a reflector, but not quite that focused.

I think the 1 watt with the new optics is great, and very ver bright and totally adequate for most uses. The 5W is incredibly bright, and probably too bright for many uses.

Wayne J.

woodbender

Newly Enlightened

What kind of warranty if any will you be offering and will you offer different led(color) options with this flashlight in the future? If the flashlight is warrantied, would adding glow powder in the head void the warranty? Just wondering since it is hard for most people on this forum to NOT modify a flashlight they receive. I look forward to receiving this light from you and seeing what other lights you come up with in the future. Thanks...Jeff

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by woodbender:
What kind of warranty if any will you be offering and will you offer different led(color) options with this flashlight in the future? If the flashlight is warrantied, would adding glow powder in the head void the warranty? Just wondering since it is hard for most people on this forum to NOT modify a flashlight they receive. I look forward to receiving this light from you and seeing what other lights you come up with in the future. Thanks...Jeff
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I offer a 1 year warranty on parts and labor.

If it is opened up and modified, I don't think it is fair to expect me to cover damage caused by your modification. If I see it's been modified, I'll probably not cover the cost of replacing parts. For example, you open it up and remove the resistor, and the emitter burns up. It really isn't fair to expect me to repair it at my cost, is it?

Other than the emitter, there is really little you can do to damage it. Basically, it's fairly bullet proof. I will try to have lens and switches, two things that will probably get wear and tear and eventually wear out. The lens is 2mm thich acrylic clear, which is super easy to get ahold of. Also the switch is not hard to find and replace.

I expect people will make modifications. If you make a modification, you should expect to bear the cost if you damage something, right?

I suppose I'll be amazed at what some people will do to a flashlight.
shocked.gif

Wayne J.

woodbender

Newly Enlightened

That's all I wanted to know Wayne. I won't mod mine in any way. I'll just have to buy another one at some point if I want to modify it(ex. glowing head), and I don't think anyone should expect you to warrant anything that has modified. Now it is time for me to try and be patient.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened

Great looking torch, Wayne, as usual!
Yes, God's torch is certainly the most impressive and well done for pointing out that there's only one God!
But, in the earthly torches, ELEKTROLUMENS RULZ!
There's no other torch like an Elektrolumens!
Are you having the bodies subcontract manufactured or the complete torch?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

3,840 Lux!
Waaaaaaaaa! Oh yeah! Want one, gotta have one. <slap> back to reality! I will be heading off to a sand box in the next week or two so I am outta time
frown.gif
Oh well, but when I get back (3 to 4 months) watch out!
grin.gif
By then the 30mm optics on a 5 watt will be old hat
smile.gif
Will I kiss my wife and hug my kids before checking the CPF? OK, give me a few hours to see what is going on. Hormones generally win over flashlights for the first few hours anyway!
grin.gif

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by BentHeadTX:
3,840 Lux!
Waaaaaaaaa! Oh yeah! Want one, gotta have one. <slap> back to reality! I will be heading off to a sand box in the next week or two so I am outta time
frown.gif
Oh well, but when I get back (3 to 4 months) watch out!
grin.gif
By then the 30mm optics on a 5 watt will be old hat
smile.gif
Will I kiss my wife and hug my kids before checking the CPF? OK, give me a few hours to see what is going on. Hormones generally win over flashlights for the first few hours anyway!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have gotten over 5,000 lux from a reflector, in the Garrity 2D mod using a 5W cyan on a post (MrBulk's idea), but considering this is an optics, it's pretty good.

Wayne J.

pal251

Newly Enlightened

You guys can keep all those candy colored lights. I want a black one most likely. (for work) I would still like to try out a pocket zorch as pocket light