• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S Exotic Wood Body for Surefire 6P

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbsGot mine today and it looks great!!! ...It looks like it's the middle one in the pic above. Do you have any plans to make more??:D

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbsGot mine today and it looks great!!! ...It looks like it's the middle one in the pic above. Do you have any plans to make more??:D

Thank you

I have these available now, Desert Ironwood, Koa, Amboyna Burl. I only have these three, first I'll take it - gets it..

available.jpg

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
I'll take the Ironwood! Also, I was under the impression that this body was the version that accepts 18650's but the one I received does not. Can you bore this one to fit the 18650 for me?

:paypal:

Just out of curiosity, what other types of wood have you considered making these out of? A friend of mine just built a house and used a wood (I forget the name) for the deck where it had to be predrilled b/c a nailgun couldn't shoot nails through it due to how dense it was. I don't know if the grain of it would look as good as the ones you have done but it got me thinking about different possibilities...

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
I had to get your PP email address from a previous PM and I see that you did ask me if I wanted the body bored. Looks like that answers the first part of my previous post! :ohgeez::laughing:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
paypal received - thanks.

I have been asking about the bore - some made mention that the cr123s rattle in the bored out body. I will bore this one out for you.

I have a lot of different exotic woods here. The most popular have been:
amboyna burl
desert ironwood
koa
cocobolo
zebrawood
ebony
blackwood
too name a few...

let me know what you are interested in

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received two more bodies. I have three available to cover with wood.

any other interest????

ECKO32

Newly Enlightened
Will,
Great looking bodys have you got any pics of the wood on a silver/grey body or bare aluminum i think i would like to investigate this.:thumbsup:

ECKO32

Newly Enlightened

Hey, that turned out pretty Exotic Looking!

Hmm, that Chrome Bulk might look nice with some wood!

Black Chrome Delghi 3" - Chrome Will Burl - McGiz Chrome with gold Bezel & BC Clip - Chrome Bulk Camelion.
IMG_1054-1.jpg

Bling bling,Love it is that a chrome old school kl3 head i think i need to pm will ;)))what kinda cool tailcap it that on wills body?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will,
Great looking bodys have you got any pics of the wood on a silver/grey body or bare aluminum i think i would like to investigate this.:thumbsup:

I did one for myself on a Sand colored light. All the others have been black. Black is the only color that just the body is available in. I have not been providing the entire light, just the body. I can remove the anodize and polish the bare aluminum.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
F Y I

I will be closing this offering March 20. I currently have 3 bodies available, I will not be ordering any new ones.

ramplit

Newly Enlightened
Will,

I have a FiveMega 2x18650 body that I'd like to have covered in Amboyna Burl or Desert Ironwood. Would you be willing to do this? The Koa light went to it's owner and he absolutely loves it. Well done and thanks.

Ramplit

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will,

I have a FiveMega 2x18650 body that I'd like to have covered in Amboyna Burl or Desert Ironwood. Would you be willing to do this? The Koa light went to it's owner and he absolutely loves it. Well done and thanks.

Ramplit

What is the length to be covered. just behind the large flared area behind the head, to the small area where the tailcap screws on. If this is a single piece body, I have to do additional work to make a bushing and press fit the body back together again. The Solarforce bodies are already two pieces.

keep in mind, If the body is damaged in any way, I can't replace it.

ramplit

Newly Enlightened
What is the length to be covered. just behind the large flared area behind the head, to the small area where the tailcap screws on. If this is a single piece body, I have to do additional work to make a bushing and press fit the body back together again. The Solarforce bodies are already two pieces.

keep in mind, If the body is damaged in any way, I can't replace it.

4.9" It appears to be a single piece body. I don't have any fears in replacing the body for the upside of the potential beauty! :twothumbs
In fact, would you rather have two to do at the same time?:grin2:

Thanks!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
4.9" It appears to be a single piece body. I don't have any fears in replacing the body for the upside of the potential beauty! :twothumbs
In fact, would you rather have two to do at the same time?:grin2:

Thanks!

PM sent..