Fa&Mi Lights & M6 Comparisons..... Pictures too!

B@rt

Flashaholic
Kenshiro and Ted,
sorry for the confusion, I checked ScubaMarket and the page is gone... Here is a pic of the FireFly, I think I read something about a mechanical versus electro-magnetic switch.
rolleyes.gif

I do like the name better tough.
tongue.gif

tofa0005.jpeg

D

**DONOTDELETE**

tofa0005.jpeg

Bart, I, for one, can tell you without a doubt or hesitation, that this is definately NOT toad food. Now you know what I know.
wink.gif

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Ted,
The HL bulb will not fit the Halogen housing.
If you check the catalog page, you will see that the HL housing is longer. The body is the same (up to the switch), but the "head" part is definitely longer. This is because the lamp (bulb) itself is much longer than the normal bi-pin Halogen.

Blackbart, now I remember seeing the Firefly in a review somewhere. I can't recall, though.....
Anyway, the firefly is a older model that is no longer in production. The current model with that body form would be the Spitfire.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

here's some info I got from Bruno that may clarify the 2001 situation for some;
and Kenshiro, please comment on it's credibility;
----
"..What you mention is the 2001 Bat+ (I know, it' confusing also for us!)
Basically it's a 2001 battery body + an head-light conected with a detachable cable.
For the head-light you have three choices like the ones for the 2001.
You can mix and match bulbs and reflectors also the standard ones that come with each bulb are the one reccomended by FA&MI.
Price are:
Euro 490 for 2001bat + 50W Headlight
Euro 580 for 2001bat + 60W->90W HL Headlight
Euro 699 for 2001bat + Solar 12 headlight
Euro 1058 for 2001bat + Solar 30 headlight
Consider a 100 Euro discount by Scubamarket..."
----
(Also, Bruno promised more clarity at the scubamarket website tomorrow
smile.gif
)
..here are four head choices, for the 2001Batt, Kenshiro, but he left out the solar66 in the above list,
could it be an option also?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

and more questions, Kenshiro, you said
"...Also notice that the Halogen and HL can use the 5°, 15°, and 110° reflector, but the HID model only has the option for the 13° and 90°.
Remember, the 12W HID only has those two reflectors available.
The 30 and 66 W HIDs however, have all three of the normal reflectors..."
Which relectors are the "3 normal" reflectors? (5 degree among them I'm hoping..)
thanks.

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Ted,
You ARE going to buy these lights? Right?
Just kidding.....

I'll answer your short question first.
The 3 normal reflectors are the 5°, 15°, and 110°.
The 12W HID only has 13° and 90°.

As for the availability of the Solar 66 with the 2001 BAT+?
YES. It is available. Page 5 on the Fa&Mi catalog clearly shows that.
However.....
Whether or not it is available right NOW, is a different issue.
Bruno might mean that you can't get it (or he can't get it) right now.
Or.....
He could just be confused as well.

But rest assured Ted, you CAN get the Solar 66 with the 2001 BAT+.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Kenshiro, sure, OF COURSE I am going to buy one. That's why I am trying to get the last question answered asap. so I can place my order.
Thanks for the solar66 info. I wanted to know not only if I could get the solar66with the 2001batt, but if also it would be interchangeable with the other listed heads on that same one battery -- I will take your response as an affirmative.
Not that I'd be getting that $1200 solar66 head right away, just wanted to make sure it would be compatible -- I think I'll start with the 2001batt and the '100watt xenon' head -- armed with the forewarning that the twain shall never meet
wink.gif
(unfortunately!)
A relatively small, but intense light is just what I need out here in the 'boonies' - this canyon can get dark on starless nights and there's a dirt fire road through it, about 500 feet from my 'house' to the property behind me..so a bright spotlight is good for indentifying the occasional 'lost' off roader..the emitted light makes a good, legal, defensive weapon, too.. I am hoping the light from the 2001 with the100watt xenon will be brighter than my LSI 1 1/2 million cp light (a 12 volt searchlight with 'only' a 55 watt bulb) -- think so? thanks again for the advice -- is your 5 degree reflector on order?

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Ted, remember.....
If you use the 100W bulb outside of the water, it will shut down (thermal protection circuit) quite fast. In less than a minute. It will light up again in about 20 secs, but will shut down again. I posted earlier about this "vicious cycle".
My suggestion would be to use the 50W bulb with the 5 degree reflector.
It will be just as bright, if not brighter, than your 55W LSI. It might not as tight, though. I know these big spotlights have a very tight center beam.

BTW, where in So Cal do you live?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Kenshiro, I am well aware of your warnings about thermal shut down with the 100watt out of water. I usually use the LSI spotlight for only a few seconds at a time anyway - just enough to see who or what that is out there - and let them (or it) know I see them. So if I run the 100watt for 10 or 20 or even 30 seconds at a time, the 'recovery' or cool down period should be even shorter than 20 seconds, right? Do you think the 100 watt on the cable would run any cooler? I would like my new light to be brighter than the LSI -- are you sure the beam wouldn't be as tight as the LSI, even with the 5 degree reflector??
I am near county line, just off of PCH...and you?
ps- have you checked out this thing:
6 million cp, and not too unwieldly; http://www.buyashp.com/longarm.htm ?

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Ted,

Yes, I know of the Long Arm.
It's was actually in production before the Nighthunter.
It and the Maxabeam were the only two hand held lights that used HID (that I knew of).
Then came the Nighthunter, and then all the guys that are coming out now.
It's a good product.

Reva International was having trouble with their website for a LONG time. I noticed that they finally have the Long Arm site up and running.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ken, yeah I saw that light a couple of years ago in a catalog, but could never find it again on the internet...
do you have any responses/opinions to the q's in my post previous?
are you anywhere near county line? do you know where that is?

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Ted,
Is the county line close to PCH, like in malibu somewhere?
Send me an email and we'll talk.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

from what I am able to gather, you can join them together as one piece with a bolt-like thingy they call a "joint"...

recercare

Enlightened
The regular 2001 can double the run time by adding a second battery. Is this done by a cable or is it possible to connect the two batteries + head together as 1 unit?

Latest posts