Favorite User Interface

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Momentary turbo (and strobe!)
The problem with the UI as-is is that while it allows for instant access (from both off and on) to turbo, it actually takes some time to "get back" to whatever level you were at.

That's my Grail UI feature - a momentary max from any lower mode in use (that returns back the same lower mode)... Sort of like car high beam flashers. :D

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
You can get it with the HDS or with the EagTac TX25C2.

And in the spirit of high-beams, there's always the Zebralight "double click", which is kind of like non-momentary high beams.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's my Grail UI feature - a momentary max from any lower mode in use (that returns back the same lower mode)... Sort of like car high beam flashers. :D

Have you tried the Surefire L1/EB1/EB2/LX2 UI? Seems like it would be exactly what you're after.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appreciate the input guys... most of those lights have been previously suggested HERE. As a big night vision and sub-/low-lumen fan, I've now since purchased an HDS, which I do love and it does suffice in this capacity (albeit a bit slow). ZL UIs are too slow, and "pat-your-head/rub-your-belly," for this application though.

Been itching to get a SF, that UI does sound it's fast enough to signal morse between max and low, just hesitant as I prefer 4.2v support, floodier, and lower lows. So for now my Quark Pros (work-around) and HDS are covering this UI feature, and perhaps I should add a momentary plunger to my El Capitan.

Thanks for the input :)