Favorite V54 Light

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump to update, and in a hurry too, because more is/are coming, and it/they may be my next favorite. :)

Acebeam X65Vn. Because the beam profile is what I have been looking for.

The question has always been: How to add more throw to a power flooder? Over and over again, with many different flooders: How to get more throw from them. This light ends that search. Now, the answer is: More power added to a thrower.

First step: Start with the amazing XHP35 emitter. A throw emitter with some power. Not a very powerful emitter. Not starting with a very powerful emitter that is not capable of any real throw. Instead, starting with a throw emitter that has some power.

Next, select a head diameter large enough to accommodate five (5) of these emitters sitting in reflector wells that are large enough and deep enough to utilize the throw capability of the emitter. Now we have ample power, and lots of throw.

Add ample fuel supply, and you have a very large, heavy flashlight. But it is not about the flashlight itself, per se. It is about the very throwy and amply powerful beam profile.

Everyone wants a high performance beam profile. Larger head diameter is needed for more flashlight performance. The question is: How large a light are you willing to have to get that beam profile? If you have more than a few flashlights of varying size, it is because there are several widely varying answers to this question.

What does the X65 beam profile look like? It looks like:
K70 with a fatter beam and some useful spill.

TN40vn Spec 4 with a little bit more power and throw spec.

TK75vnQ70 with a lot less beam width, placing its power much further forward.

K60vn shaved dome with more than double the power and 60% more throw.

The above are the four lights that I think the Acebeam X65 can be easiest compared with.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump to update.

Another new runner up for me: Thrunite TN42 spec 1 is tied for my new favorite. Because this light is best of genre. Larger head diameter makes it be so. This light is the K70 plus some more throw, some more light on the center of the target, some more clarity of the target at furthest range.

The TN42 is all about the further ranges. How it performs at medium range is unimportant. What is important is how it performs at the outer limits of range for its genre. It does it in a way that is very exciting. Far away stuff, seen when most all lights can't see. Seen with some more clarity than other lights of its genre.

I like the TN42vn a lot more now that I have it in hand, then when I was thinking about choosing it. I thought that if I was not thrilled with it, I could trade for another. But, no need. This light is a keeper! And, I had to arrange for additional secure storage space to add this light to my collection. It will be used not every night, but more often than not when I am out and about at night, which is every night.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another update:

P60Vn Quad XPL v6 HD 4,300 lumen, 253 Meters, Cryos Cu head, SS DHT bezel.

My new EDC light, a real eye catcher, and great feel!

Bump to update.

Another new runner up for me: Thrunite TN42 spec 1 is tied for my new favorite. Because this light is best of genre. Larger head diameter makes it be so. This light is the K70 plus some more throw, some more light on the center of the target, some more clarity of the target at furthest range.

The TN42 is all about the further ranges. How it performs at medium range is unimportant. What is important is how it performs at the outer limits of range for its genre. It does it in a way that is very exciting. Far away stuff, seen when most all lights can't see. Seen with some more clarity than other lights of its genre.

I like the TN42vn a lot more now that I have it in hand, then when I was thinking about choosing it. I thought that if I was not thrilled with it, I could trade for another. But, no need. This light is a keeper! And, I had to arrange for additional secure storage space to add this light to my collection. It will be used not every night, but more often than not when I am out and about at night, which is every night.

Sweet! I too owned this light, briefly, and not only did it reach out 580 yards from Old Zoo picnic area to Bee Rock peak in Griffith Park, it seemed to reach for the mountains beyond that rock. Thanks Mr. Richbuff. :bump:

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Manker MK34vn XPL HI 7,650 lumens is my new favorite Vn light. Because it is my most compact powerhouse. Anything a little smaller is a lot less powerful, anything a little bit more powerful is a lot larger, and it is a lot more powerful than others in its size class.

I am EDCing it day and night.

The next point up the size/power scale is the Driver Vn Meteor at about 11,000 lumens, which I do not have yet; I have the stock driver with Vn boost and swapped leds.

The next point down the head diameter/power scale is the P60vn Quad XPL two 1850 cell 8 volts Driver Vn2. Both of these are super awesome, too, of course. But the Manker MK34vn XPL HI 7,650 lumens seems to be the current champion in the compact powerhouse department. :)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
That MK34vn certainly caught my attention too. But I have a similar output, but much larger, light.

I can't pick a favorite, but my most useful light is MX25L4Cvn. It doesn't win in any one category, but does everything well without being too large, or getting too hot. And the balance of flood and throw is perfect.

Then again, I took my TOOLvn to dinner last night and that tiny light impresses me beyond belief. I never get used to the shock of its performance.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quote snip: "...a similar output, but much larger, light."
That means that the beam is probably less floody, more throwy. :)

I have the MX25L4CvnT + XPL PDT + Kit + DriverVNX2. The throw and lumen specs are almost the same as for the K60vn dome on. What emitters is your MX25L4Cvn?

Yes, the beam is absolutely gorgeous coming from multiple Eagletac non-overlapping emitters. And the visual appeal of the Kit version with non-matte stainless steel bezel is oh so striking. Great feel in hand, too.