• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: Custom tactical bodies for Fenix P3D

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad about the 18650 :mecry:
So I take it that this is just a body tube without a switch? Nice as I see PEU does some excellent work and I think the Fenix bodies are too thin. But I still doubt I'd buy one.
I'll be highly interested and buy a crapload of Fenix when I find a true forward clickie switch; custom or factory made.

digitaleos

Enlightened
David,
Can we get these in some different flavors ie.. 1x123 or AA for those of us who have the P2D, L1D or L2D? :poke:

Chris

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
If you have one that will work with the P2D then I'm in!!!:) Oops!, I see now there are no single cell bodies..Sorry about that.......

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
True forward clickies are shipping with the new LxT Rebel series.

:twothumbs
I've heard that "rumor" but I've been waiting for actual confirmation that they are indeed true forward clickies. And then I'd like to know if just the clickie cap will be available for purchase for the ones I have already. If that is the case then I just might be interested in a nicer more beefy body for my Rebel 100 P3D.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be very interested in one of these, maybe even a 3 x cr123 body, which I suspect will not increase the output, but will increase the run time? :whistle:
Yes. Same output, longer runtime. :D
David,
Can we get these in some different flavors ie.. 1x123 or AA for those of us who have the P2D, L1D or L2D? :poke:
Chris
No plans as of yet. A single cell would make it really stubby and the flare would probably need to be toned down. :shrug:
Same here... full body knurling like on the Novatac/HDS would be nice. Will it come in HA natural?
nah.. not too much knurling :) No, no natural for now. Natural is very hard to match.
Great idea, David! Are there any plans to develop a tactical switch to go with the tactical bodies?
PJD
Not as this moment. Perhaps two weeks down the line. :)

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the P3D Rebel 100 run with a 17670? Same output as 2xC123's with more run time???
It's hard to say. Depending on the Vf of the LED, it drops out of regulation
early. Somewhere between 30-40% of the capacity of the 17670 - so you're
not getting the most out of your cell.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
David,

Thanks for staying on top of your thread and responding to our comments and questions.:thumbsup:

Do you have a rough time frame on these when they might be available for pre-sale on your web site?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
A picture IS worth a thousand words :D

fenixcustom3x-17.jpg

fenixcustom3x-18.jpg

Tinkerbell

Newly Enlightened
Hi. really liking the looks of these. Is it possible to get one with knurling along the whole body?

Ozniot

Newly Enlightened
I'd go for one provided it had full or nearly full knurling. I like everything about Fenix lights except the slipperiness. But I'd really prefer natural over black, even if the anodizing doesn't match the head. I'd also go for an AA body, especially if you'd reconsider producing something for the L2T.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
4sevens,

If I can interject for one quick (and oddly related) question. Checking out Rob's body swap, I'm wondering if this can be done (sooner or later) from your store:

Specifically, buying a complete L2T 2.0 and some form of naked P2 body so the head and tail from a Rebel L2T can run on a single C123, 1.5v x2 -> 3.0v x1?

Thanks,

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Darnit, 4sevens, :nana: you're making it harder and harder to resist the P3D.

Nice job on these bods, you and PEU. :twothumbs

1 what

Enlightened
Still "interested", and I've been thinking about the modified P3D. One of my problems with it is that it looks so minimal and clean...how about a bezzle to add some detail to the front end? Yes, I know it would be 100% cosmetic and not much use as a weapon but it would protect the glass a little more and could look very cool. I for one would be happy to epoxy it on.