• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: Custom tactical bodies for Fenix P3D

seattlite

Enlightened
It might be too late, but I'll ask anyway.

Any chance you can incorporate a bezel down pocket clip?

Supernam

Enlightened
I would like to see a simpler body with just course knurling on it in the same finish as the tailcap and head.

The "tactical" grip adds to the width making it a little more awkward to carry. Additionally, the tacticallity (made up word) of the grip wouldn't be very tactical without the forward switch of the L2T V2.

Here is my Fenix dream light:

P3D Rebel head
Full body course knurling
Forward clicky
Untighten for low output, tighten for max output.
Possibly add a pocket clip

Voila', a SF fighter.

Last edited:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
PHOTOS! Custom tactical bodies for Fenix P3D

First post production pictures, these are the 2x123 bodies:

191993378-M.jpg

191993426-M.jpg

191993459-M.jpg

191993541-M.jpg

191993586-M.jpg

Full production should be finished next week (2x / 3x bodies and 4x prototypes)

Pablo

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
Hello 4sevens, hello PEU,

I would like to buy one of those very nice bodys, but I am to stupid to find the place on 4sevens shop to order it.

Perhaps it all over and there is no chance, please give me a little help. Today I received the P3D from a german dealer, found it very nice and worth to mod it with your parts.

Rainer

Panzergrennie

Newly Enlightened
I`m thinking about buying a P3D or another Fenix Light as accompany for my single L0D for a while now.
With this Body I`d be able to make a very quick decission :)
So, yes i`d be interested!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
So before I jump...
I've been looking around for these supposed Forward Clickie Fenix Tailcaps, but I can't seem to find any. Anyone have a link to where they are being sold, preferably here in the USA?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
So before I jump...
I've been looking around for these supposed Forward Clickie Fenix Tailcaps, but I can't seem to find any. Anyone have a link to where they are being sold, preferably here in the USA?

The tactical tailcaps for the L series is available here https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_40&products_id=348

They won't work with the P series. You'll have to swap the switch module
and rubber boot. The tactical switch really isn't for the Digital series
since the tailswitch is also for switching modes. For tactical situations,
you wouldn't want the light to switch modes when you turn it on and off.
Know what I mean? :p

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly doubt I'd be using a Fenix in a tactical situation. But if I were I wouldn't want to be using a reverse clickie switch that switches modes if I breathe on it too hard. On a Forward clickie it won't switch modes unless I turn it off. I prefer that much more. If I want to turn off the light momentarily, I place the bezel on my chest.
I don't know how many times I've been using a light on low mode and barely brushed the tailcap and switched modes to high or strobe and completely screwed my adapted eyes. It is most especially annoying while reading a book in the dark by flashlight. :touche:

Thanks for the link.

mchlwise

Enlightened
I wouldn't want to be using a reverse clickie...

You can now order the "tactical tailcaps" from David's store. They are for the "L" series, but the actual switch mechanism can be removed and placed into the "P" series tailcap.

At least that's what I've heard. :ohgeez:I've got one on the way. :naughty:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can now order the "tactical tailcaps" from David's store. They are for the "L" series, but the actual switch mechanism can be removed and placed into the "P" series tailcap.

At least that's what I've heard. :ohgeez:I've got one on the way. :naughty:
Yep, guts are interchangable. It makes sense to have the tactical tails be only
for non-digital lights. In tactical situations, you want the light to be simple
and be able to operate in a momentary fashion.

By the way, has anyone gotten the bodies yet? comments? :p

willrx

Enlightened
I have the 3x123 version and one thing I've noticed is that when using 3 AW rcr123's it is difficult to twist the head to turbo with one hand (two hands=no problem). I suspect the AW cells are just slightly longer than a cr123a and that is the reason. All modes work of course, just something I found. I have also used AW 2x17500's with nice results-no problem changing modes with one hand. Overall, a nice addition for added runtime and ability to hang to the little thing. It will be interesting to see what type of runtimes are achieved. Thanks for making these available:thumbsup:.