Fenix L2T questions

InfidelCastro

Banned
chevrofreak said:
I've never seen nor heard of anything like that.

I guess the battery sleeves don't exist then. I could have sworn I read people talking about them.

As far as the L2T head on L2P body thing... I read in a thread a few weeks ago that the L2T head will not screw into the L2P body. I guess that was bullshit too??

I don't know. Too much stuff to keep straight. I really hope there's battery sleeves. Don't you remember the threads where people were talking about battery sleeves for using alkalines in their L2P's awhile back??? People were saying the alkalines rattled, while the fat rechargeables didn't. I was hoping to get one of those for my L2T.

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
I replied to a thread where I tried the L2P body on the L1T/L2T head and couldn't get it to fit. I mentioned that it could be the anodizing on the threads of the L2P body may be preventing the body to screw into the head.
After reading the latest post, I tried again just now and I was able to screw the body in. Why now and not on the earlier attempt? My guess is that I may have "broken in" the threads on the L1T/L2T head, I don't know. As for working, it worked if I tightened/loosened it, and only one level.

But I'm not concerned with using the L2P body because I'm using the 123 body on the L1T/L2T head. To get it to work, I soldered an 18ga solid Cu wire onto the pcb and the 2 levels work fine. As for my L2P, it has the L1T/L1P body and running on 14500; to me, it seems brighter than 2-AA.

Oh yeah, no battery rattle in either light.

doc_felixander

Newly Enlightened
I own both the L2T and 601. The Fenix definitely has the best regulation AND is noticeably brighter than the Ultrafires. Mine unfortunately has that slightly greenish tint, but I must admit that at night it IS more comfortable to look at.

The 602 is not bad, either, but you can clearly see that the beam its ZLED produces isn't as uniform as the Luxeon's (yellow center, blue rings). Swapping with a Luxeon should be easy, though. Unfortunately only Type II anodized, and some rechargeables don't fit.