FENIX Oh we need a chat... Whoooooo!

procure

Newly Enlightened
Re: FENIX Oh we need a chat...

picrthis said:
I always wondered why it takes so long to recieve a package from Fenix store once it is shipped. Example I can regularly recieve a package from NJ -> FL in 3 days, yet everytime I order from Fenix it takes exactly 6 days to arrive and GA borders FL, so you'd think it would be here in a day or 2? same shipping method as the NJ example, I recieve the email that it has shipped with a tracking number that does show-up on the usps site, so I know it went out, they must sit somewhere; I just don't get why the shipping is so slow to arrive. :ohgeez:

Well, the message from the USPS website is:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May XX, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

I don't really know what that means, but I'm guessing that the actual ship date could be a day or two later than the "notification" date listed above. But in your case, maybe the NJ shipper does actually ship it out same day.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

on the info on runtimes http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2012499

it seems the LED was underpowered because with standard batteries the runtimes were longer than advertised and lower lumens in the modes

is this isolated? or maybe a batch was like that or perhaps they are underpowered? I cant think they are underpowered on purpose since they advertise lumens and people should get those lumens

I will be happy with it i bet! still curious about the runtimes/lumens

PurpleDrazi

Newly Enlightened

quixote said:
I have a question too.
"How long might it take to get my item from fenix-store after my order status changes to [shipped] ?"
I have seen different people said about different shipping time.
It has been 6 days after my order status changed to "shipped", I wondered whether they shipped my order from china?

FWIW . . .

I placed my order (for a L2D CE and a LOD CE) on Monday 4/30 . . . shipped on Tuesday 5/1 and was at my doorstep Friday 5/4 ---- I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area

Francis

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast

22hornet said:
remake the original, simple, L2P with one output level and an E1 cree, one output level, utterly reliable, flat regulation and about 15-25 lumens... please. Invest more in reliability than in bells and whistles)

+1

Why won't Fenix do this?

I'd love to be able to buy an E1-CE, L2P-CE and L1P-CE. I too want simple, reliable lights.

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I must say my fenix P2d-ce came today, and . . . . . . . . . . . . . i am jaw dropped

The only thing is the led is not bang centre but omg i have never seen any led light compare to my surefire G2...

This P2d-ce blows the surefire p-60 bulb away, and it competes with p-61 nicely. i checked flashlightreviews and compared throw figured with p61 bulb, and i am more than happy with the throw since its no good having 1000000 miles throw with t candle power light to get that far.. i love this light. I can guarentee you when i have some more money i will buy another just to have it as my backup and ditch my silverpoint AA . . .

i rate this light out of 92 / 100

As far as u can tell i agree with the persons comment at the end of the review on flashlightreviews about the search being over for the best flashlight WOW. did i mention WOW it competes with surefire p-61 bulb? i think i did... WOW. if fenix ever goes bust i will break something

:lolsign:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only downside is you cant use it for manual signaling. No way to morse code it manually other than the unbuilt SOS feature

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont know morse anyways i only know SOS, however i think this flashlight is a BUMPer light . . . everyone needs one. perfect for men who like power and women who complain about size . . . (of flashlights...)

quixote

Newly Enlightened
i AM STILL WAITTING FOR MY FLASHLIGHT NOW. IT IS UNLIKELY I CAN GET IT TODAY, SINCE POSTMAN JUST PASSED HALF HOUR AGO. SIGH...

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
quixote said:
i AM STILL WAITTING FOR MY FLASHLIGHT NOW. IT IS UNLIKELY I CAN GET IT TODAY, SINCE POSTMAN JUST PASSED HALF HOUR AGO. SIGH...
:awman: I know how are you feeling. I am even in a worse situation, because overseas shipping takes so long....

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
it will come... i love this light, it gives me a small power for menial tasks, then ultra power to reach out and touch something at distance with detail, and all inbetween... i could not ask for a better light at this time.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am stuck for a few things, i would like your thoughts...

is it worth getting my P2d ce on rechargables 600mAh

I want to replace my surefire G2 with a Cree, should i buy another P2d ce and carry spare batteries, or buy the P3d ce and still carry batteries?

quixote

Newly Enlightened
If it does not come next monday, I would feel a little bit upset.
Shipping takes too long. even if my order from dealextreme came yesterday, where is my order from fenix?

z-b-i

Newly Enlightened
techwg said:

is it worth getting my P2d ce on rechargables 600mAh

If you use your P2D quite a lot then it makes sense to get some rechargeable.

I personally use Uniross RCR123 batteries.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
well right now i got P2D and P3D, im very happy. Rechargables i will look into, when i have a shortage of cash.