Fenix P1 - "pocket rocket"

S

sjsfiji

Flashlightphreak,

As for the RCR123, are you referring to the brightness on the 3.0V or 3.7V?

thanks,

sjsfiji

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
The 3.7 volt protected r123. I bought some from lighthound.com along with the Nano travel charger. I'm very pleased.

I've put a number of hours runtime, with no problems... It can get hot after a few minutes, but again, no problems.

Last edited:

lexina

Enlightened
Alin10123 said:
Are you referring to the tint of the finish? or the tint of the LED?

sorry for being ambiguous. i meant the tint of the Led. i guess, even though it's a Fenix, there's still a bit of "luxeon lottery" involved.

phatalbert

Enlightened
this_is_nascar: thanks for the aweseome plot! How long did the energizer e2 lithiums go until 50%...and beyond?

Blazer

Enlightened
FlashlightPhreak said:
The 3.7 volt protected r123. I bought some from lighthound.com along with the Nano travel charger. I'm very pleased.

I've put a number of hours runtime, with no problems... It can get hot after a few minutes, but again, no problems.

Good to hear, I just got my 3.7v RCR123A's today and have them charging right now, can't wait for that light to go green...

I guess if it's getting hot that means that the heat is dissapating from the body, which is a good thing...

I love the P1 on a BS primary, so I think I'm really going to be happy with the RCR123A's from what's posted here.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Paul6ppca said:
Has anyone added flupic to a P1?Can it be done?

Here I go opening my mouth again when I know that I shouldn't, however...................... why the heck would you want to do that? I don't see the FluPIC as being an enhancement to the P1, it's rather a limiting factor to what the P1 is so great at. Sometimes folks need to leave well enough alone. Not every light produced is a candidate for modding, beleive it or not.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P1 works great on R123As, but, thanks to the great runtime charts showing the long, flat output on primaries, I have been using my P1 with all the partially depleted CR123s I have accumulated. Terrific little light, and now that the bezel twistie has loosened up (about 100 twists back and forth in quick succession, repeated a couple of times, seemed to do the trick), I like it even more.

Blazer

Enlightened
Green Light on the Charger.....

Had to wait about 15 min before posting this because I couldn't see as a result of looking into the light...I know....I know....:shrug:

WOW, without comparing primaries and rcr's side by side I can already see the difference RCR's are probably 20-30% brighter by the naked eye. Now the batt was hot off the charger, but I'm real happy with the investment in the charger and RCR123A's from Lighthound (guilt free lumens :thumbsup: )...I even got a couple of extras for some other lights.

Last edited:

FEATHERSTONE

Newly Enlightened
Fenix P1

I was wondering if anyone has a outside beam shot of this little light, Im wanting to order one and was wondering how good the throw is.

Thank you..

Ritch

Enlightened
Re: Fenix P1

I have no beamshot, but after testing the P1 outside, I would say, it illuminates a person before a dark background (bushes) for approximately 30 meters rather good. I hope, this is a little reference point for you.

regards,
Richard

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

HIGHLY recommended. Hotter spot, more throw and spill than a QIII but less floody, even beam. Much whiter than my l2p and slightly more powerful with similar beam properties. I'd like to have an orange peel reflector in another one for a short range light. Only wish the P1 had 2 stages cause normal is freakin' bright!! Still worth every cent. I will try to check later(after dark) and if no outside pics posted I will try to take a couple.
478edc.JPG

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pumaman said:
the P1 . . . is freakin' bright!!

That is true. Been carrying it for a while. Last few nights used it to check on the Powernoodle Progeny after they embraced Morpheus (Greek God of sleep). Even with my thumb over the lens, the P1 is too bright. So its good for most things - especially given its tiny size - but its not good (nor intended) for stealth. Wised up and started using my Proton on ultra-low output for the nighttime bed check.

Nice pics, Somy.

peace

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone have a side by side beam shot of the P1 vs HDS B42 ???
Very curious:naughty:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Blazer said:
Had to wait about 15 min before posting this because I couldn't see as a result of looking into the light...I know....I know....:shrug:
Why oh WHY do we do that?! I did it today with a Pierce M10! Yikes!