Fenix P3D CE

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
Arrived this morning. I must say its build quality is ace but i cant make it do 160 lumens? certainly not as bright as my surefire L4!

how do i use it properly?

Cath

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you tighten down the front bezle? That will allow you to do Turbo and strobe.

LowTEC

Enlightened
Fenix uses optimistic bulb lumen, surefire uses underestimated lens lumen at mid point of the battery life

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Fenix P3D-CE in turbo mode(tighten the bezel) should be about the same brightness(a bit brighter by eye, our eyes do not detect brightness linearly) the Surefire L4. Flashlightreviews's measurements show the L4 as 80 lumen(might be an older version) and the P3D-CE as 125 lumen.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also compared the P3D on turbo (2xPR123a) against SF L4(1xP17670) they are about the same but the beam quality on KL4 beats the fenix hand down...

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my P3D CE, however since i got the P1D CE and P2D CE, i almost never use the P3D CE ;)

tedjanxt

Enlightened
I love mine!

The only other comparable light I have is a Huntlight FT-01XSE.

The P3DCE is a bit whiter and tosses the light a bit further. All in a much mre compact package. Color me impressed!

Still like my Huntlight and ASP for what goes bump in the night (crenellated bezel) but the P3DCE will be my EDC from now on...

Chao

Enlightened
Beamshots I made, :wave: left to right, fenix P3D, surefire L4 (2006 version)and huntlight FT01-XRE
p3d10m.jpg
L410m.jpg
FT01-10m.jpg

P3D is a nice light with small size, high output and good runtime, I personally like the UI and the real low low-level.

pathalogical

Enlightened
Beamshots I made, :wave: left to right, fenix P3D, surefire L4 (2006 version)and huntlight FT01-XRE
p3d10m.jpg
L410m.jpg
FT01-10m.jpg

P3D is a nice light with small size, high output and good runtime, I personally like the UI and the real low low-level.

Nice beamshots ! That L4 sure is floody.

lucio

Newly Enlightened
ok, I was compairing my P3D-ce to a wolf-eyes 6AX sniper.

I thought, I was quite assured actually, that my fenix would have easily out threw the wolf-eyes, as I invited even my father to show him the wonders of my new light telling him to bring the wolf eyes to make a comparison.

with my great surprise, they were quite similar!
if you don't know the wolf eyes, I think that it throws more or less like a surefire e2d, even if it has a bigger reflector.
don't you guys think it's a little strange? there's something wrong with my flashlights, or more probably you can't really notice the difference with naked eye without confronting pictures side by side?

thank you!

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrived this morning. I must say its build quality is ace but i cant make it do 160 lumens? certainly not as bright as my surefire L4!

how do i use it properly?

Cath
How can you tell how many lumens it's producing? How would you know if it did put out 160?

c_c

big beam

Enlightened
I just did a Q5 OP reflector mod to my P3D(WG) tint.I also have a L4 X bin mod (thanks CM) and the P3D is a little brighter to my eyes.One thing I noticed is that the XX1S tint is the same as the WG.I thought the XX1S would be greener but it's not.Learn something new every day.
DON

ensile

Enlightened
it's funny how people always say this "blah blah, it's not bright enough, 160 lumens bollocks blah blah"..

come nightfall... Boom!

and I also thought my p3dce wasn't as bright as my p2dceSE on turbo, I was sorely mistaken.