jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So guys what do you think? Will it throw? :naughty:

TK20-TK11

It is bigger than I expected. Real Tank :thumbsup:

I'll post some beamshots tomorrow.

rantanplan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pics ... hadn´t thought that the TK20 is that big :D.

I was close to pre-order one, but could resist so far. Instead I got a neutral white Q2 5C emitter and upgraded my second LxD-head ... pretty yellow thing which I have to get used too first. Maybe I´ll get a TK20 some time too ...

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it sure looks big. Not the most pocketable and the grip looks hideous, but it probably fits well in the hand.

Awaiting beamshots!

Citivolus

Enlightened
It seems to throw quite well. I did some testing last night around 120m, and I would definitely be able to tell what a person was wearing at that distance.

I'm measuring 6.7Klux @ 1m on high with both Eneloops and L91s. Not bad for a 2xAA.

Regards,
Eric

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHOA that thing is huge in a good way , i thought it would be same size as t25...what does it look like without the rubber

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simpler UI sounds nice.

But, fenix L2D Q5 generates 180 lumens vs. 150 for it.

I think the TK20 is 150 OTF lumens, since the E20 is 109 OTF lumens and the TK20 is released after the E20, which would put it on par/brighter than the L2D.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size comparison with TK11

The walls are pretty thick

Reflector size comparison.
From left to right: Romisen RC-P3, Olight T25-T, Fenix TK20, Fenix E20, Fenix L2D 100

Runtime is slightly shorter than advertised.
fenixtk20runtimeenglf9.gif

I have some troubles with correct white balance. I usually use Fluorescent-H, the LEDs look the most realistic with this setting. But TK20 looks too red (or too yellow or blue with other settings). To my eyes the Fluorescent-H white balance is still the most accurate. Just remember that it is slightly less red in the real world.

Some white wall beamshots with other lights:

Some garden shots:
Fenix TK20 - Olight T25-T - Fenix TK11

Fenix L2D Q5 - Fenix E20 (spot) - Romisen RC-P3

And the last comparison with Olight T25-T

The rubber grip - has a good grip :) but when changing modes via twisting the head it has a tendency to roll round the body so you have to hold the light firmly (i hope this sentence is understandable:D). Doesn't affect the real world usage by much but Fenix should solve this issue.

The throw is great, comparable to Olight T25-T, Streamlight Scorpion LED C4, or TK10. Much better than L2D/L2T/E20.

IMHO this is overall very good light. Tint might be too warm for someone but I think that especially incan guys should like it. But it wouldn't be bad if Fenix made Premium R2 Wh version. Probably it would be the brightest 2xAA light available.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
is that head bigger than a Dmini head

Last edited:

cbubu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks jirik_cz !!!
Great runtime tests and beamshots :wave:
I think that the TK20 will become a winner :)
Regards,
(mine is waiting for me at the post-office :scowl:)

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW. It really can throw for a 2xAA! Its better than I thought certainly, and nice beamshots!

As I said earlier I wish I had got this instead of the TK10 but what can you do...

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I've played with TK10 and TK20 for a while (it is night here). And on a longer distances (30+ meters) the TK20 throws definitely better. On a short distance it may look like both lights have the same throw, but TK20 maintains tighter hotspot over longer distance.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I've played with TK10 and TK20 for a while (it is night here). And on a longer distances (30+ meters) the TK20 throws definitely better. On a short distance it may look like both lights have the same throw, but TK20 maintains tighter hotspot over longer distance.
Cool, I assume that the spill is noticeably brighter on the TK10?
Thanks

GreySave

Enlightened
Would be curious to know how the tint compares to the Fenix Rebels. I have a pair of those but might consider this emitter down the road in a 123A format if there is a noticeable difference between the TK20 and the Rebels.