Fenix TK45 - A Layman's Perspective

Magnumpy

Newly Enlightened
On mine, only the power switch seems to be monitored when the light is off. I definitely prefer it that way as well. Can you imagine how frustrating it would get if your mode memory was wiped by an accidental button press when the light was off?

good to hear. I just always see people express opinions on this forum that I completely disagree with, sorry if anyone out there was hoping for the opposite! :nana:

Riverwind

Newly Enlightened
I like Fenix's very much, but this light has both pros and cons from my point of view.

Pros:

- 3 x R5's (Good Led's providing a beautiful beam)
- Two Side Switches(much more confortable than a tail button for this size)
- Modes (I love all the modes and the user interface)

Cons:

- 8 x AA's!? (I asume there are many people who likes this, but I can't see that point, and I totally hate it. That's the best choice for an L2D or LD20 just using 2xAA, but 8 are toooooo many. I'D LOVE 3 x 18650 instead !.) - Design/Look (Althogh I think it's not a reason to skip any light).

Please FENIX , this light compatible with 18650's would be a winner!

doubloon

Newly Enlightened
Most of the stuff I have runs off the same batteries so I don't mind the battery layout.

Assuming I read the stats right, one thing I like about the TK45 is the longer run times in each mode over the TK40.

Marbouk

Newly Enlightened
I really like my TK45 now I've had it replaced because of a dodgy button.

I would also prefer the on/off switch on the left but it's not a problem and could be because I'm left handed.

To me running on AAs is a pro but I would add the rattle to the cons.
I had to wrap half a toilet roll tube around the cassette to stop it rattling completely, but this is my only con.