Fenix Wish List

jezzyp

Enlightened
My votes:

A headlamp!

Low low mode - I like having the strobe & sos but as opinion is mixed on this perhaps they could be optional or have some different method of activating/deactivating this function.

I think a 4xAA P7 with multiple modes would be a great car/boat/garage light. All fenix's offerings are small - time for a bigger blaster.

Simple green/orange/red battery indicator.

Ferreter5

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a Fenix L0D and an L2D. The only thing I would add to either is a low-low mode, around 4-6 lumens. Otherwise I wouldn't change anything else in either model.

e2x2e

Enlightened
Many things others have mentioned, and drop-in capability so we can stay current with LED technology, making our lights timeless(or close to it).

glenda17

Enlightened
p2d:

1. better refector design to eliminate the cree ring

2. a pocket clip (available as an accessory)

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
True momentary switch optional extra for tactical lights. "Clickies" are suceptible to being broken alot easier and more often than a true momentary switch, if you want the light on alot, then screw the tail and keep it on, otherwise you can just use the momentary.

mighty82

Enlightened
lol. The problem is, fenix is trying to cater to a mixed market... I want strobe, I would never buy a fenix again if they got rid of the twisting head, and remember last setting would annoy me so much.
Agreed. The best thing about fenix is the twisting head, so that you can choose to start it at low or high without having to turn it on and switching modes to get to where you want. You can also use it as a simple high/lo interface light. Memory (remember last setting) would annoy the hell out of me too. :sick2: The sos I could definatly do without. If you need to get someone's attention, even in an emergency situation, strobe would do a much better job. Who's looking for a slow sos signal? I would like the sos to be replaced by a "beacon mode" (i think it's called that) with a turbo blink every couple of seconds, like a very slow strobe. It would last forever in an emergency situation. If you are lost or stranded and someone is looking for you, you want it to be very visible and long lasting. It doesn't matter what kind of signal it is. Only 1 of 30 (maybe) people will recognise an sos signal when they are not looking for one.

Last edited:

nelstomlinson

Newly Enlightened
I have a P1 Cree, and it's great as is.

I'd like to see a similar non-digital version of the Cree L0D and L1D, with one level, or maybe two at most. If there are to be two levels, I'd like to see very dim and extra bright, and I'd like to switch between them by twisting the bezel.

liquidsix

Enlightened
There's definitely a mixed market issue here, but since it's an opinion thread I get to say stuff too!

1. Switch: Forward clicky
2. Levels: All of them I suppose, as long as there's low, med and hi
3. UI: Completely twist based
4. Memory: Yes Please
5. Strobe/SOS: preferrably not, but if there's memory or they're at the end then it doesn't matter.
6. Clip: To work in both directions.

But I doubt fenix will make that light though because there's so many conflicting combinations of what people want:

1. Switch : Forward. Reverse, Twisty, Push Momentary with Twist on (Classic tactical style).
2. Levels: where to begin...
3. UI: Click based, Twist based, and all variations of Click and Twist based
4. Memory: Yes, No, yes but with exceptions (eg. don't remember strobe).
5. Strobe/SOS: Yes, NO, one but not the other...
6. Body: Shiny, matte, more knurling.

hmm, can't satisfy everyone. I guess they should probably stick with what they have because it's working well for them so far.

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
My Fenix Wish List:

1) TK10
2) P3D Q5
3) P2D Q5
4) E01
5) P1D
6) ...

Oh. OOOHHHHH! You mean my list of suggestions for improvements and new models? Yeah. Gotcha.

1) Forward Clickie option for L1D, L2d, etc
2) Red or green LED options for preserving night vision
3) Better texturing/checkering. My L1D is too slippery!
4) A 1,000,000 lumen spotlight that runs on a watch battery and fits on my keychain.

:D

-- Frank

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see Fenix sell heads that have a higher range of voltages to work with the L1D, L2D, P2D, and P3D body tubes with just one head. I'd like to see a light with infinitely variable brightness adjusted by the head or a selection ring and control the modes by the tailcap with an optional forward clicky for those that don't want SOS or strobe. I want a P3D type light that has full regulation on an 18650, 2 RCR123As, and 2 123A lithiums. I want a AA version of the E01. I want body tubes that screw together to adjust the number of batteries and the length of the light and a trihead adapter so I can use three heads at once on one body to make a super bright fenix light. I want most of this in one flashlight. A wide voltage range P3D head with four optional battery types (AA,123A,RCR123A, 18650) that can be run from .9 to 10 volts with screw together battery tubes is very appealing. Imagine being able to make a 1 to 6 AA, 1 to 3 123A, or 1 to 2 18650 light that can run on 1 to 3 heads. It could be brighter than a Surefire M6 and run on rechargeables and you wouldn't have to pay for it all at once. I also want it to run on the Lumileds 115 lumens/watt K2 l.e.d. with a warm tint when it is available. No more cree rings or lost throw because of a needed textured reflector.

moses

Enlightened
A side by side configuration like the SPY flashlights. UnderwaterKinetics used to make a AAA light like this many years ago - fantastic configuration. This would work for 123 o r AA sized.

Moses