First Cree, Ultrafire C3 or JetBeam C-LE?

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 5 (plus 1 "find me" mode) modes and it's a twisty (which, as mentioned by others, can be fiddly and imprecise).

Sorry for the thread hijack but can someone tell me how to use this "find me" mode on the jetbeam C-LE? One arrived on my doorstep this morning courtesy of the postman :)

dapyro

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the thread hijack but can someone tell me how to use this "find me" mode on the jetbeam C-LE? One arrived on my doorstep this morning courtesy of the postman :)

put it of in SOS mode for a longer time. When you fire it up again, it should be in this mode.

Last edited:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I tried cycling it to SOS (so it blinks once to confirm memory), left it on for a few seconds, turned it off for 10-20 seconds, then turned it on ... SOS again >_< I think I'm doing something wrong...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
This works for my C-LE. Turn it off from SOS mode, count to 2 or 3, and turn it back on. It will come on but fade out then flash once about every 4 seconds.

Geoff

Last edited:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definately not on mine.. maybe mine is a newer revision with this mode removed, as I only ordered it about a week ago? Thanks for the help though all of you.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Hey zipplet. Since you mentioned "memory" a couple posts back you probably do have the newest version. Mine has no last mode memory like the new one is supposed to have. The "find me" feature is okay, but I'd rather have the memory, if that's the trade-off.

Geoff

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey zipplet. Since you mentioned "memory" a couple posts back you probably do have the newest version. Mine has no last mode memory like the new one is supposed to have. The "find me" feature is okay, but I'd rather have the memory, if that's the trade-off.

Geoff

Aaaah, yes mine has memory so it's the newer one, that must be why! Thank you. Back on topic, I'd probably go with the Jetbeam C-LE as imo the quality is probably a notch higher than ultrafire. I don't have the ultrafire but I've had *other* ultrafires so I have a rough idea of the quality of them.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys one more C3 question (still haven't received it yet). How does it behave when it goes out of regulation? Or is it even regulated? My Huntlight FTA2 simply refuses to activate with very little warning and I hate that. First time that happened I thought my switch was bad.

Latest posts