• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Fivemega 1500L 8AA to 2D M*g With all the extras inc. ntc

strideredc

Enlightened
Your "Location" doesn't say where you live in terms of the "shipping actual cost" Does it include an FM metal reflector?

lux,

i am in the UK so shipping would be around $10-15 for standard shipping more if you want EMS style??? to the USA, less for the UK

just checked its weight (500g packaged) so in $ it would be $12 for airmail (3-5 days) and if you want EMS then its plus $8.50 (2-4 days)

so for $180 this could be in your hand in 2 days!!! this is a fantastic light!, i am just thinning the heard!;)

Last edited:

martonic

Enlightened
Hi - I'll take it! PM coming!

Edit: interest withdrawn pending further information.

Last edited:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better late than never.

NTC vary greatly as to what is the residual resistance, that is ohms at stasis. An that is variable for the amount of amps over the range of the NTCs specification too.
The NTC surely soft starts but how much resistance is introduced and left in the circuit after start up?
Which NTC is this, what are its specs?

strideredc

Enlightened
been away this weekend so sorry for slow replys...

its a sl121r010

Nl,

There have been many, many threads regarding the use of NTC's. I find that this set up works perfectly and doesn't blow bulbs and is extremely bright :cool: with a plus 30 min runtime so it can be used practically as well as for show. The reason for the sale is just thinning the heard…

The best thing is if you don't want to use the NTC you just take it out and then it's a direct drive.

For the sake of the thread I would prefer to keep detailed in-depth specifications and discussion out of it considering that the NTC is a $2 component and thus not making up the bulk value of this light…

Thanks

Last edited:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
SL12 1R010 says it all, it is the one I have been endorsing what ever that is worth, not much actually, that is the best NTC for these lights!~
Yep, this baby is worth everything you say it is. LLuthor and I recently did some in depth analysis of NTC applications. Some NTCs really ruin the function of the light because they retain too high resistance, but not this one, it is the best suited for soft start and head placement controls the temperature better. It will drop nearly out of the circuit once you start up. This light is gonna sell fast.
You have improved an already great design. I am counting my pennies, I can't at this moment say I'll take it, it probably will be gone by the time I can lay a claim. That is a great price too.
Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: strideredc, I just got a PM from a friend, asking about your FS here, I told him to buy it!

Last edited:

martonic

Enlightened
I'll take it. Thanks Matt and thanks NL for your help!:paypal:

Last edited:

Latest posts