Flashaholic looking for advice on future collection.

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Both Jetbeam and HDS are excellent flashlights. I have seen a Ti like version of the Jetbeam somewhere. Very nice suggestions thank you all.

cy

Flashaholic
welcome to cpf ledahoic.... normally we all warn you to hold on to your wallet. but I see it's too late for you :D

Resale value while important is not the overiding factor to buy.
for me you really should like the light AND have good resale value too.

the more time on B/S/T you spend, the more you will get comfortable with resale values. now if we can get more folks to leave sales price alone!!!

for me knowing you can get aprox same $$ out of your light. should you decide light is not for me is an important factor.

traditionally ARC's and Surefire lights hold values the best for productions lights. HDS and Gladius are among the worst for holding resale value.

custom lights are among the trickiest to figure out. McGizmo lights traditionally hold resale value the best among custom lights. Arcmania lights have been dropping in value lately, except the older KI lights.

very few chinese lights hold their value. there are few rare exceptions. fenix stainless L1+ have increased in value.

ti lights of any flavor have done real well. but price of entry can be higher.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want just a fairly inexpensive good reliable light then look at the Streamlight 2L 3W.

1- 3w LED with 2 stages
2- Accepts RCR123 batteries, 17670 batteries
3- Very reliable and easy to use
4- Just small enough to pocket carry

Have Fun!!!!!!1

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
No...it's the Streamlight 2L 3W Task Light a 3w luxeon 2 stage brightness. High is rated at 80 lumens and Low is rated at 20 lumens. There is actually one for sale on B/S/T by Veleno for $45.00. That is a GREAT price. Do not get it confused with the Streamlight twin task light.
Ledacholic Anonymous said:
Thanks flashket. That is a LED/xenon combination right?

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too many light to list. Since you mentioned the Inova line, have a good look at the new Inova XO with the reflector. Nice light indeed.