Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread reminded me of something. In Soldier2000 or earlier kit there was some kind of light SBS/SAS used. There didn't seem to be much info about it online but some were for sale on Ebay UK back in 2018. They were these radioactive lights that were used for reading maps. Very low light level and I think classified but definately had an NSN but still that can sometimes be rather vague. I assume it was tritium but I don't know. Was priced too high for me to buy too.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SAS used the old SL-20, the one they stopped making in 1985. The charging contact design was inadvertently (?) able to be used for connecting remote switches. Uses the same battery as the SL-20X everyone's familiar with and the Magcharger.

The SL-20L is the one that uses an Ultrastinger battery. It's a modernized LED version of the 20X, and it's still a current Streamlight product. I have a couple spares I gotta sell if anyone needs one.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I know what I'm doing with my battery in my SL20 LED. I thought every streamlight used a different battery. Normally I would dislike that but Streamlights are so awesome I overlook it.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
In current Streamlight police flashlights you basically have large, medium, and small versions of the same battery. Ultrastinger/SL-20L, Stinger series, Strion series. They're backwards compatible going back as far as the form factor was in use, 30 years for the Stinger. Some older batteries (like the single ended incan Strion batteries) don't work correctly in new LED models but you can use newer batteries in the older lights.

A bunch of different batteries were used in discontinued models. The one the SL-20/20X used counts as non-proprietary as far as things were back in the day, since a whole bunch of early rechargeable 3D-form-factor lights used compatible 6V sticks.

goofyman

Newly Enlightened
CSI S7 E14 2007
I guess it's a Surefire or Streamlight, tint was very yellow so an old Incandescent drop in.
What is your guess ?

Attachments

• IMG_0309.PNG
    IMG_0309.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 35

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
CSI S7 E14 2007
I guess it's a Surefire or Streamlight, tint was very yellow so an old Incandescent drop in.
What is your guess ?
I guess incan Streamlight Scorpion. Why is that elderly lady holding it? I she choosing a wine to drink at a feminazi rally?

Not an elderly lady. She's a police crime scene investigator, hence the name "CSI", who is investigating a crime scene. She's in her 30's, and if that is elderly, I'm ancient.
Old Man2.gif