"Flydragon" sst-90 monster with big aspherical lens

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: sst-90 monster with big aspherical lens

It looks like a fun item. Please buy one and review it for me!

We voted and you lost - you get to buy one and and review it for us! :naughty:

instead of mucking around with these cheapo lights I got a VaraPower 2000 this is the brightest led light I have ever used/had, as in I am getting 1000 meter throws (using a FM 2.5" head) :grin2: and they are only about $175ish

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

So, how do they get 3000 lumens? Is that right?

I like the button idea but I wonder how well it'll hold up.

Glenn, it says they're not available yet so do you have one?

George

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

oh yer i have one - these are scary bright :hitit: at least 2500+ OTF no probs

pm me for a link to see them being made as i dont think i should put a link to another forum in here (rules?)

grunscga

Newly Enlightened

The SST-90 is 2250 lm @9A ....

That's what I thought, too. However, the latest specs from Luminus state that the maximum output from the highest bin is 1200 lumens at binning current (3.15A!). Since, according to that same document, 9A gives about 275% output, that would come to 3300 (emitter) lumens*. With a perfect emitter from the highest bin being driven at exactly 9A after circuit losses. In other words, reality may differ slightly. :)

* Unless I'm seriously mis-reading what's in the document, which is possible. I'm not an EE, nor do I play one on TV...

moviles

Enlightened

That's what I thought, too. However, the latest specs from Luminus state that the maximum output from the highest bin is 1200 lumens at binning current (3.15A!). Since, according to that same document, 9A gives about 275% output, that would come to 3300 (emitter) lumens*. With a perfect emitter from the highest bin being driven at exactly 9A after circuit losses. In other words, reality may differ slightly. :)

* Unless I'm seriously mis-reading what's in the document, which is possible. I'm not an EE, nor do I play one on TV...

3300 lumens with the sst-90? I don't trust it

the sst-90 must be overdrived like the hell at more than 15 amp for get 3300 lumen
sst-90:
Luminus_Phlatlight_SST-90_Lumens.gif

Luminus_Phlatlight_SST-90_Lumens_Ch.gif

Last edited:

grunscga

Newly Enlightened

3300 lumens with the sst-90? I don't trust it

Honestly, me either. But, as your chart clearly shows, whichever bin emitter you used only put out 925 lumens at 3.2A. That may very well be the real-world limit. All I'm saying is that Luminus has a bin code that maxes out at 1200 lumens at 3.15A. Whether or not they have ever built an emitter that falls into that bin, I couldn't tell you...

utlgoa

Enlightened

All lights have been sold on Ebay.

horizonseeker

Enlightened

talked to the mfr, they are getting payment methods sorted out, after that, we can do a group buy if there's enough interest.

PolarBearX

Newly Enlightened

tagged for interest, cant wait to see the reviews on it, looks promising.

PBX

Tally-ho

Banned

Nice feature:
1、Heat protection: Peak temperature threshold is 60-65C (140-149F), exceeding this tempearature will cause the light to switch to a lower output mode and flash warning once per second. When temperature has dropped below the threshold, the light will return to the previous output mode.

King_Arthur

Newly Enlightened

280$ .... thats a lot :green:

hello together,

nice flashlight , but if i see right the heat sink is made from brass, better would be copper at that price....

greetings from germany

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you don't like the price and can mod, you can always buy MC-E version for $130 and swap the emitter.

nvrdark

Newly Enlightened
Flydragon SST-90, rotory dial dimming

Anyone know anything other than the specs on the web sight about the/these lights.
Anyone have one? Curious about build quality.
http://www.flydragon.me/goods.php?id=37 (not sure how to make this an active link)
They look interesting SST-90 and SST 50 version, Dimming ring, CR123, 18650, D and C Lion battery support.