"Flydragon" sst-90 monster with big aspherical lens

Votekinky06

Newly Enlightened
Re: sst-90 monster with big aspherical lens

I'm not seeing it under the specialty lighting tab..

Monolith

Enlightened

The newer model variant is supposed to run closer to 9 amps. They're also working on a three SST-90 light.

moviles

Enlightened

here some beamshots

http://www.fl-fd.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=138

I like only the beamshots with the aspheric lens

were to to buy big(70-100mm) and cheap aspheric lens with good focal length?

the biggest of dx have only 66mm for 4$

Last edited:

utlgoa

Enlightened

This flashlight (or the other Flydragon SST-90 flashlights) is probabley why the Maelstrom S1800 is not on the market....at this time.

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

280$ .... thats a lot :green:

HKequipment has them for $270-280 (natural/black) without and $320-325 shipped with aspheric head. It seems to have control ring which is better than first Howitzer, SST-90 has about 1700lm at 7A. Doesn't look bad for the price.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vote,

My bad, the aspheric head is under the searchlight tab....

BTW, the lens is ONLY 82 mm!

Wow! my post got edited for language.... didn't think that was a bad word, sorry.

Last edited:

Votekinky06

Newly Enlightened

Hmm, $55 for the aspheric head, I wonder how hard it would be to find a host that fits it...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll be interested. But I think with that price range, not many would be. So it depends if the company can provide savings rates for bulk purchases.

Nice form, regular, big and aspherical heads. Using SST-90 for 1,800 - 2,100 lumens for 70 minutes and with the flexibility of 18650, CR123 and AA. And rotary switch too. Sounds good, then again, there's only one way to find out how good it is.... :thinking:

Votekinky06

Newly Enlightened

I would be interested, depending on price.

Feilong is the company that makes this light, they have others on the website http://www.flydragon.me . Talking with the company now, group buy anyone interested? so far my record on group buy is not too great, and for items of this price range....well, let's see first.

Helicycle

Newly Enlightened

I would be interested as well. Would be the big brother to my DEFT!

grunscga

Newly Enlightened

Looks very interesting but I'm always leery of the Hong Kong ebay sellers despite the overall good ratings. Also, it seems like the circuit is a bit inefficient considering the run-time at 7A.

Well...I agree with you, but isn't it generally assumed that those generic Li-ion batteries all overstate their capacity? If the batteries are only actually delivering 90% of their stated capacity, then the efficiency of the driver circuit is better than it seems at first glance.

I remember reading somewhere that the Ultrafire "750mAH" 16340s are more like 600mAH, which is only 80% of the rated capacity. I don't know if the big 32650s are the same, but that would make a big difference in perceived efficiency...

kwarwick

Newly Enlightened

I was almost ready to pull the trigger on this light but thought I should do a little research given it isn't exactly cheap. A little bit of Google searching brings up some complaints about the selector ring being difficult to turn unless the lanyard ring between the ring and the bezel is removed. :whistle:
Sounds like there might be a few issues with this light which have made me think that for once I should take a wait and see position. That and the fact that I really don't "need" another light, even if it is the brightest one yet.

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast

HKequipment has them for $270-280 (natural/black) without and $320-325 shipped with aspheric head. It seems to have control ring which is better than first Howitzer, SST-90 has about 1700lm at 7A. Doesn't look bad for the price.

I'm seeing $349.99 at HK equipment. where do you see it for $325?

Patriot

Flashaholic

The newer model variant is supposed to run closer to 9 amps. They're also working on a three SST-90 light.

Would you please point me to the specific bit of information relating to the newer "9 amp" version.

Thanks.

kwarwick

Newly Enlightened

I'm seeing $349.99 at HK equipment. where do you see it for $325?

Look for some BUY IT NOW auctions of this light from seller hkequipment on eBay. With a little negotiating you can get the price down to $280-290 shipped for one that comes with both the reflector and aspheric head.

recDNA

Flashaholic

It looks like a fun item. Please buy one and review it for me!