• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale - 300 Watt HID "Locator" Blackhawk HelicopterTargeting Light - Rare!

BVH

Flashaholic
Re: For Sale - 300 Watt HID "Locator" Blackhawk HelicopterTargeting Light - Rare!

machine it for some trits so I can find it while camping and I'll consider it:lolsign:
Shipping to and back from Barry would make the Post Office rich! But what a enormous and clean palette it would be for his imagination! My CPF name is 4" letters.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Re: For Sale - 300 Watt HID "Locator" Blackhawk HelicopterTargeting Light - Rare!

In discussion with my wife, if I:
-build and install 4 curtain pelmets
-sell my other car
-buy the pointy metal things that you stick in fabric curtains to hang them
then she'll consider it.
So today, I'm building pelmets (anyway I love my Makita circular saw).
Let's see what happens.....

BVH

Flashaholic

That's what I like, give and take, compromise, working as a team! Makes a good marriage.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

In discussion with my wife, if I:
-build and install 4 curtain pelmets
-sell my other car
-buy the pointy metal things that you stick in fabric curtains to hang them
then she'll consider it.
So today, I'm building pelmets (anyway I love my Makita circular saw).
Let's see what happens.....

Good luck with this honeydo list. Let us know how you enjoy this. I keep being tempted to develop a car-powered turret light similar to this, running on 12v.

exquzmwa

Enlightened

ICUDoc - Better to ask forgiveness than permission :nana: - Like I'm a fine one to talk. If I thought I could pull that off I'd already have this one :)

Jetpowered

Newly Enlightened

Now I just need a Blackhawk Helicopter!

Flashlight Enthusiast

Shipping to and back from Barry would make the Post Office rich! But what a enormous and clean palette it would be for his imagination! My CPF name is 4" letters.

if your CPF name was 'EXIT' I actually have the trits you could use :D

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Rhino bump

o082uq.gif

BVH

Flashaholic

Thanks for all the "bumps" fellas. You too, Riney

Last edited:

Phil Ament

Enlightened

How about a bit of a bump all the way from Australia, just for all the help that you have given me.

You know who :wave:

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast

well...... i guess this is another on my "wish to get" list... maybe there'll still be some left around when i can! great light Bob!

Orange Sunnyboy

Newly Enlightened

This thing is incredible! If I had the money I'd take it in a second, unfortunately a bump will have to suffice.

Also, what's the power supply? Will it run on 4 AAA's in series?

yifu

Enlightened

This thing is incredible! If I had the money I'd take it in a second, unfortunately a bump will have to suffice.

Also, what's the power supply? Will it run on 4 AAA's in series?
The power supply is 2 12V car batteries.

Orange Sunnyboy

Newly Enlightened

So 8 AAA's would work then? ;)

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened

So 8 AAA's would work then? ;)
I hope you're kidding. Even with 8 LiMn 10440 cells, it would only either deliver 16A at 3.6V or 2A at 28.8V depending on how it's wired up. That's a shortfall of over 250 watts! You'll need at least 60+ IMR 10440 cells to even light this thing up, and good luck with finding a regulator for that kind of voltages... The runtime would be 1 min at the best, if you manage to prevent explosive venting.

I really love this light and hope to get it in the future but the cost, along with international shipping is a bit prohibitive. Hope this gets sold very soon!

Orange Sunnyboy

Newly Enlightened

Thought the tongue in cheek in both posts was pretty obvious, the second especially with the wink.
Shall have to get that humour font I keep hearing so much about. :D

I hope you're kidding. Even with 8 LiMn 10440 cells, it would only either deliver 16A at 3.6V or 2A at 28.8V depending on how it's wired up. That's a shortfall of over 250 watts! You'll need at least 60+ IMR 10440 cells to even light this thing up, and good luck with finding a regulator for that kind of voltages... The runtime would be 1 min at the best, if you manage to prevent explosive venting.

I really love this light and hope to get it in the future but the cost, along with international shipping is a bit prohibitive. Hope this gets sold very soon!