• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

TheFraz

Enlightened
has output been discussed? 18650........
from off to full on, 270 degrees of twist...?

I haven't been able to test actual output with a sphere yet. The old models were tested to 1060 lumens out the front I believe. And these new models are all noticeably brighter. I have a youtube video testing the Lumenite vs a lot of other known lights on my channel listed at the top of this thread. And judging by the beamshot nbp took of the Lumenite vs a 2000 lumen light, it's definitely decently north of 1k lumens.

The twist will vary as the QTC ages, but it is a smooth ramping that is very intuitive by feel.

-Fraz

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the clarification....I have 2 strikes :eek: Looking forward to getting one of these lights! Leaning towards an 18650....4000k

TheFraz

Enlightened
Thanks for the clarification....I have 2 strikes :eek: Looking forward to getting one of these lights! Leaning towards an 18650....4000k

No strikes warranted. They all look very similar at those speeds lol. I'll put you on the list! I'm putting together more detailed info to add to the top posts that can help with your decision. My personal favorite is the Lumenite in either 26350 or 18650.

-Fraz

nightshade

Enlightened
US made, infinitely variable, minimalistic, no electronics. Put me on the list for a 18350, please.

Gonna be that guy who, very prematurely, asks for a tiny, impossible to make, 14500 model, even before you reach full production of existing models. :)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely amazing how quickly these are machined!! :devil: Betcha ya turn a few hundred a day...huh??!!:shakehead :):)

Karl

TheFraz

Enlightened
US made, infinitely variable, minimalistic, no electronics. Put me on the list for a 18350, please.

Gonna be that guy who, very prematurely, asks for a tiny, impossible to make, 14500 model, even before you reach full production of existing models. :)

Will do! And I'd like to miniaturize more. The pistons the light uses are a good exercise in making small parts....I think it might be possible...

TheFraz

Enlightened
I also have a Tiny Nugget available right now. I'm trying as best I can to get it to the first person in line that wants that light only, but if I don't hear from them soon I'll go to the next person. I should be able to fill a lot of the orders soon (with some wait times for those that requested special emitters).

Again, thanks for your patience.

Latest posts