• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Berserker26

Newly Enlightened
From Hank Wang at Emissar/Noctigon. I emailed him and he asked me to order whatever number of this linked item I wanted and then email him my order number with what emitters I wanted and he would "ship according," as always. Great service from Hank! He has domed and dedomed, but not sure if he has 4K or 5k. He sometimes has stuff that isn't listed, but I didn't ask this time. These are red boards, I would think white boards might be a bit better for tint, but I'm familiar with Hank so that's where I went. I'd really like to learn to solder my own, but I'm just starting to learn how all this stuff works.

Item link

Just so I get this correct in my brain - did you get the MCPCB with 519a on it from hank or just the LED?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Recently, my light does not get nearly as hot as when it was new. Batteries are not a problem. Brightness seems about the same... compared it with other lights to make a educated comparison.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
the beam is pretty wide on these. You might not see 100-200 lumens difference. I'd take the QTC out and see if it gets brighter. If it does then you're QTC might need replacement.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A request to the wizardry of Fraz Labs: Give us early-to-bed enthusiasts a chance for your flashlights. Instead of always posting availability late at night, how about posting early morn some of the time. Missed this latest opportunity again.

fulee9999

Enlightened
A request to the wizardry of Fraz Labs: Give us early-to-bed enthusiasts a chance for your flashlights. Instead of always posting availability late at night, how about posting early morn some of the time. Missed this latest opportunity again.

have you tried sending a mail to Felicia? maybe she can hold on one for you in the next drop

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast

They sold out of the 18650 in 1 minute, and the gold in under 10 mins.

Berserker26

Newly Enlightened
I have an uprotected flat top at home already that I've used with other lights, is that going to be ok with the Fraz?

fulee9999

Enlightened
I have an uprotected flat top at home already that I've used with other lights, is that going to be ok with the Fraz?

if you know how to use unprotected cells in flashlights with no low-voltage protection then sure, otherwise no

TentativeMeteorite

Newly Enlightened
I received my MCPCBs with 519a in the mail today and when attempting the swap I noticed the original MCPCB has solder on the contact points that fit into grooves on the bottom the plates that connect to the screws. I was under the impression these could be swapped without solder. Do I need to add some solder to the contact points? Thanks!