• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

PattPickle

Newly Enlightened
Are both your lights the QT? Same diameter outside? Better throw on the brass?

Just took some measurements:

Brass ("QT Nugget" on the tail)
L: 3.04"
W: 1.24"
Weight: 184 grams

Aluminum ("QT Nugget SL" on the tail)
L: 2.9"
W: 1.22"
Weight: 80 grams

I'll snap some pictures of the internals next time I change the emitter.

The throw on the brass with the 26.5mm optic is a bit better indeed.

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
It's been a while, but I have again resurfaced to show Fraz's latest creation that I've machined - the Lumenite II. Quite possibly the cleanest model we've ever made (and all on our very own Tormach 770M!). The road to the final product was lengthy, but we are finally at another drop of inventory! Here's a photo of the engine, and I'll add more photos in the next couple days. The specs on the site will be updated to the final numbers on 2/3/23, and we should add the lights to the site on the 4th or the 5th (QT Nuggets and Lumenite II's only on this one).

lumenite II engine.jpg

Now, to answer a few questions...
When can I buy one 😎

Be sure to sign up on the site so you won't miss it, it should be in the next couple days!

Would love to see more traffic in here! I've been enjoying the two I own immensely. Spectacular flashlights. I appreciate how easy it is to change LED's. I bet I swap mine once a week.

The brass has one of the new Cree 3000k XML2's and the aluminum has a Nichia SW45k.

View attachment 38629

Ah, I still love Watercolor Nightmare, and she looks amazing next to that QT Gold!! The kitchen has never looked the same since that gem was born. Thanks so much for the kind words!!

A quick question. For the smallest lights (QT models). Are they now designed around 26mm optics? The pictures are all over the place so I don't know what is true for that design. They were originally made for 20mm optics but that may have changed.

There's two different versions of the QT, the QT-L is the 26.5mm version and the QT Nugget is the 20mm version.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick question. For the smallest lights (QT models). Are they now designed around 26mm optics? The pictures are all over the place so I don't know what is true for that design. They were originally made for 20mm optics but that may have changed.
QT specs state 26.5mm. That must be a typo..

I don't view optional boards on website.
Are customers required to purchase spares directly from MTN or wherever?

PattPickle

Newly Enlightened
QT specs state 26.5mm. That must be a typo..

I don't view optional boards on website.
Are customers required to purchase spares directly from MTN or wherever?

Just wanted to mention that I've found the Noctigon, MTN Electronics, and Convoy mcpcb's to fit the best. The Kdlitker mcpcb's are slightly smaller which makes centering a bit more difficult.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What amazing flashlights built with passion and (superb) dialed in simplicity.

Understand that protected and unprotected batteries work really well in mine. One is able to fine tune the battery compartment length using a pair of retractable ball point pens on the tail end of the flashlight.

Would love to try a 519a dedomed 5700K in both the qt and Lumenite II.

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Did I miss this weekend's drop? I couldn't figure how or what was meant by "signing up" so did out of stock notifications but didn't see anything. Just making sure i signed up for the right ones lol!
You haven't missed it, there were a few last-minute things to clean up on the Lumenite II before release. I'll bring photos over this evening for a show-and-tell, as there's several new features offered that haven't been standard for us (or anyone, like an adjustable tail cap that will allow use of an 18650, 26650, or 21700 battery, either protected or unprotected).

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those viewers here who may not have thoroughly researched these flashlights, it bears repeating that the way light is adjusted for brightness is by using a QTC (quantum tunneling composite) pill.

This makes for a different experience when adjusting brightness. Read the Fraz Labs website for more information. I believe the system behaves a little differently when brand new, until broken-in.

The machining and design are a genuine reflection of CPF members speckacuda and The Fraz.

Never thought I would go bat-scat crazy over this flashlight. I am smitten, and subsequently biased. It is not the brightest, or throws the farthest; it is one tough, one of a kind, illumination tool.

Mgizler

Enlightened
You haven't missed it, there were a few last-minute things to clean up on the Lumenite II before release. I'll bring photos over this evening for a show-and-tell, as there's several new features offered that haven't been standard for us (or anyone, like an adjustable tail cap that will allow use of an 18650, 26650, or 21700 battery, either protected or unprotected).
Dear god I'm going to need this one!!!!!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please if you can, submit an image of the business end for the optic on the Lumenite II.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any of you out there had to run a 2 person business with all the complications and unforeseen disruptions? Then you will let speckacuda know we appreciate her and understand priorities must be addressed. In her stead, some images: