• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Nova Ti 16340 & Nova TixDa 16340

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will there be any more da?

Looks like Fat Boy grabbed the last one. It is sold out.

The thing with Tain's releases is that the lights get snapped up really quickly. Plus, a big chunk of the total lights for sale are already spoken for by the time he actually posts on the B/S/T thread.

Fat Boy

Enlightened
Looks like Fat Boy grabbed the last one. It is sold out.

The thing with Tain's releases is that the lights get snapped up really quickly. Plus, a big chunk of the total lights for sale are already spoken for by the time he actually posts on the B/S/T thread.
Yitsan did send me a note that mine was the last one, sorry. I love his lights and hate it when I miss getting one custom made. I've been late to the party three times and had to pick them up when someone lets theirs go. I've only had Ti in the past and don't know how I'm going to like the Damascus....we'll see.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
One good way if you're really into Yitsan's creations, and if you're able to... Is to set aside enough money in preparation of his next round of lights. Whenever they may be launched...:D

That way, you can respond and grab those lights within a day or two of launch, if they strike your fancy. Yes, it is a big commitment, but I can tell you, it is definitely worth it...

easilyled

Flashaholic
One good way if you're really into Yitsan's creations, and if you're able to... Is to set aside enough money in preparation of his next round of lights. Whenever they may be launched...:D

That way, you can respond and grab those lights within a day or two of launch, if they strike your fancy. Yes, it is a big commitment, but I can tell you, it is definitely worth it...

I agree with you Jon. I am a huge fan of Yitsan's lights. The machining is faultless with the best knurling techniques that I have seen. The designs are ingenious combining traditional and more modern elements in compact form. Strategic placement of tritium slots show off the installed vials, including their reflections, spectacularly.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also echo what Jon and easilyled said. I believe I have at least one of every light Tain has sold in the last couple of years. They are so well made, and I really like his design style.

Not only do I set aside funds, but I start going through a bit of "Tain withdrawal" when a new light hasn't been released for a while. ;)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Yitsan,

Received my lights a while ago, but been caught up with work and only just managed to tear open the parcel today. As usual, the machining on the lights is top-notch work. Probably the biggest reflectors on a 16340-sized light. Very Lego-able light. Nice! :twothumbs

If anyone is still deliberating, get them before they're gone...

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok mine arrived a few days ago while I was out of town, I finally got home and first thing I did was rip open the package and gaze at this beauty. WOW, super impressive work. Just to give non-owners a idea, it is about the same length as my lego E1L with a E2DL Head, minus its tail cap. I almost want to rename this thing, Fat Head! It looks so sweet. If you put it on the night stand it shines day & night, on or off! Fine Business.

The warm tint is just so smooth. Makes the room warm & friendly!

Glad I pulled the trigger on this one. Also, thanks for working with me on changing my mind about the Trit colors at the last minute. It came out better than I expected. Only regret is not buying a Damascus too. :(

59ride

Enlightened
mine came today, thanks mate, awesome little light, the way the ti and damascus is one is amazing, now just have to get a battery :)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Tain,

Do you think you could do a run of just the battery pack with Trit slots in the pack and button that would operate McGizmo heads?

I would love love two or three of the packs, button and clip with the Trit. vials installed. I think there are many McGizmo users that would like some of the packs to go with their McGizmo collections.

Very nice work! Just wonderful.

Thanks,

NR

Fat Boy

Enlightened
Received my Nova TixDa today. Just plain wonderful thanks Yitsan. So looking forward to getting my next Tain Ti light.

Last edited:

persco

Enlightened
My Nova Ti arrived today. I'm very impressed. It'll fit in with the others quite nicely...

IMG_0478_zps2ced3c9f.jpg

IMG_0479_zpsf8d906c5.jpg

Tain

Enlightened
Thank you all for the vibes and positive feedbacks.

Tain,

Do you think you could do a run of just the battery pack with Trit slots in the pack and button that would operate McGizmo heads?

I would love love two or three of the packs, button and clip with the Trit. vials installed. I think there are many McGizmo users that would like some of the packs to go with their McGizmo collections.

Very nice work! Just wonderful.

Thanks,

NR

There are capability issues with McGizmo drivers and the e-switches.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are capability issues with McGizmo drivers and the e-switches.

It does work, you just have to be super fast with the button to switch modes. If you are happy to run on a single mode, then it works just fine with a McGizmo LE.

I am using mine with a DatiLED LE and it is perfect. Worked well with a Flucero28 board as well.

eala

cowsmilk

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried the nova head with the 1xAA McGizmo battery pack and 14500 battery yet? I am having a real hard time getting the 1xAA mule out of my pocket. (Not necessarily a bad thing, unless you like Tains lights as well.):)

I've been reading through this thread and think it will work, just no verification yet.
3.7v compatible, check.
McGizmo battery pack compatible, check.
Verified it works with a 14500 in the 1xAA battery pack, not yet.

Thanks guys.

Latest posts