• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Nova Ti 16340 & Nova TixDa 16340

gonefishing

Enlightened
In case anyone wants to upgrade the glass lens to a sapphire one, I ordered one from watchmaterial.com and it arrived within the week. The size is 29mmx2mm. about $28.00 shipped in the US. you can also check out Krysworks.com as they also have sapphire lenses.

stargazin

Newly Enlightened
In case anyone wants to upgrade the glass lens to a sapphire one, I ordered one from watchmaterial.com and it arrived within the week. The size is 29mmx2mm. about $28.00 shipped in the US. you can also check out Krysworks.com as they also have sapphire lenses.
I missed out on buying one of the Damascus lights, to pair up with my hand made custom ELB Damascus Rhino knife, but another buyer of one sold his to me[emoji7]. I've tried to unscrew the bezel and found it extremely tight and did not proceed further. I really enjoy the light especially the trit coloring the original buyer selected- blue and purple. So my question is what does the sapphire lens add? I have a sapphire crystal on my Lumi Nox watch. Is it a more durable lens? I've noticed with the abuse my watch receives the crystal has, not once scratched. I never noticed or more accurately considered this until now. Thanks. If it is a case of durability then I should like to get them for my two JHANKO V10R. I don't think I can change my Tain Flute one.

Thanks.

gonefishing

Enlightened
I missed out on buying one of the Damascus lights, to pair up with my hand made custom ELB Damascus Rhino knife, but another buyer of one sold his to me[emoji7]. I've tried to unscrew the bezel and found it extremely tight and did not proceed further. I really enjoy the light especially the trit coloring the original buyer selected- blue and purple. So my question is what does the sapphire lens add? I have a sapphire crystal on my Lumi Nox watch. Is it a more durable lens? I've noticed with the abuse my watch receives the crystal has, not once scratched. I never noticed or more accurately considered this until now. Thanks. If it is a case of durability then I should like to get them for my two JHANKO V10R. I don't think I can change my Tain Flute one.

Thanks.

I'm no expert, but the sapphire lens is generally more resistant to scratches and is tougher than the standard glass lens that comes on the Nova. My bezel came right off with minimal effort. I wouldn't be too concerned about unscrewing it. It was a very simple upgrade, the lens pops right out and you can re-use the gasket. I wore surgical gloves to keep from getting finger prints on the lens and used a plastic toothpick to tamp down the lens once it was in then screwed it all back together. Be careful of the reflector as it can come out but is easily put back in place.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yitsan, just curious, are either of these still available?

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks, SOYCD, would love to pick it up. Was thinking about it, but I just bought 2 Tain Ti T45C's (one of them from Dad) which has shot my budget for the next couple of months. :)

Last edited:

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a good rechargeable CR123 to use in my Nova TixDa, any advice would be much appreciated:
- are RCR 123 the best batteries to use in those lights? Or just simple CR123?
- any brands and where to buy them?

Thank you much

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
They cost a little more but I like the Nitecore and Orbtronics batteries. AW and Sanyo are also well thought of. I think Tenergy, although Chinese and not Japanese made, seems to be working hard to improve their quality and capture more market share and is making a decent product especially for the money. The AWs are made in Japan but assembled in China.

The Nitecore you can find on both eBay and Amazon. Unfortunately Orbtronics doesn't seem to offer the 123A size on their website. But their 18650s are highly regarded and come in several variations including hybrids.

Last edited:

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you much for the info. How about mAh? What do you recommend? At last: anyone has experience with Titanium Innovations CR123A 1400mAh 3V?

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I don't have experience with them but the members here seem to think highly of the Titaniums.

As far as capacities go, I have the AW 750 mA lithium cobalt protected, the AW 550 mAh lithium manganese unprotected, the Nitecore 650 mAh protected, and the Tenergy 900 mAh LiFePO4 3.0V (which I assume are unprotected) batteries and they have all been fine.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I'm not sure if you've managed to contact Yitsan. If you haven't, drop him an email - his contact email is the same as his paypal email and can be found on Post #1. Good luck!