games played as kids

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kickball and Dodgeball were always classic.

No one played Tetherball 9with the volleyball tied to a string that you hit around a pole)?

I was the grammar schoolyard handball champion, with my famous "Slider" hit...And that's the extent of my glory.... :rock: :rock: :rock:

--dan

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
We played a baseball game called "500" One batter hitting balls out to the rest of the players, each competing against one another. Whoever caught the ball was awarded points. A fly ball was 100 points, caught on one bounce, 75 points, two bounces 50 points, 3 or more bounces 25 points. If the fielder dropped the ball instead of catching it, the number of points he would have earned was subtracted from their score. The first fielder with 500 points was the winner and came in to be the batter for the next game.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another game we played was called "pass-intercept" It was a football game for 3 people, competing against each other. There is one quaterback, one receiver, and one defender. The object was to score a touchdown within 4 downs. Each play had to be a pass play. No running plays, due to there being 2 offensive players and only one defender. If a touchdown was scored, each offensive player was awarded 7 points. If no touchdown was scored, then no one got points. (If an interception is made, the series is over). Then each player rotates to the next position for the next series. (Quarterback then becomes reciever, reciever becomes defender, and defender becomes quarterback). You can change the order of rotation if you want. You can play up to any amount of points you all agree upon.

Last edited:

matt_j

Enlightened
We used to take appart military ordinance left by russian and german armies in the forrest... That we would trade fuses, bullets, explosives and make home made guns. I'm quite suprised we are all still alive.